already searched, looking for help converting videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deusexmachina, Sep 12, 2008.

1. deusexmachina

deusexmachina New Member

I've used videora, but the problem is that the files come out like, gigantic while using any of the automatic settings. I'm really looking for a way to convert video files to .mp4 without having them triple in size. What's the best program to do this and on that program what settings should I use?

and I have already searched this.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. itouchwoot

itouchwoot New Member

iLead Video Converter

I use iLead Video Converter. Works with pretty much any file type and converts with speed and quality. Movie size around 700 megabytes each. I consider that very good for me cuz I output my movies to the television and looks awesome.
  4. teekaysk8

teekaysk8 New Member

use videora ipod touch converter... on normal mode... just keep quality settings down... believe me, it's awesome and is all i use... converts a full movie in an hour
  5. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Would you rather have a Speedy conversion or an Efficient conversion? IT also depends on your computer itself.
  6. deusexmachina

deusexmachina New Member

I'm looking for efficient. I don't give a damn how long it takes to convert. Like, I'll leave the damn computer on all night doing it.

700 megs seems rather large though, I'm looking to convert a bunch of episodes of cowboy bebop that, in .wmv format, are no bigger than 120 megs. I only have like, 10 gigs to work with on my touch, and that does not allow for a whole lot of 700 mb files.
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Definitely use Xvid4PSP. It'll go from 120 to around 80 - 90 MB. Thats if you leave the settings alone. Just change it to iPod Touch for Video.

If you want to batch convert, you'll have to open each file and save the destination. The other settings are automatic. So you would basically, drag the video into the Window, Click Save and pick the destination. And so on. When done, click Encode. If you want to format it to watch on TV, change the resolution and increase the Width to the Max.

Btw, Cowboy Bebop in HD is comin soon

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm going to definitely Hop on that.
  8. lhinds7

lhinds7 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  9. teekaysk8

teekaysk8 New Member

Good reasoning... but remember there is settings for better quality etc... but it clearly tells you how much is converted and how long is left... a feature i personally love
  10. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Xvid4PSP has that too

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also supports tons of Video formats. Import and Export. Subtitles of various file formats.