Almost No Cydia Apps / Games

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Splitx, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Splitx

Splitx New Member

ive jailbreaked my ipod today with quickfreedom but there is almost no apps or games is there some thing i need to download?

plz respond
  2. moabal

moabal New Member

Well you can go hunting for sources. Emulators etc. However with the app store there has been a drastic decline in jailbreak development from 1.1x (good days). However, jailbreak will always be big for other stuff.
  3. Splitx

Splitx New Member

so where to find Sources and what do they do? add more games to cydia?
  4. moabal

moabal New Member

Well first of all not all applications are games lol. There are themes etc. You have to search the forums and or other sites. Modmyi etc. If you go on youtube and search stuff you may find new sources. It is all around.
  5. Raytheon117

Raytheon117 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Essentially, open up Cydia and click on 'Sections'. In there will give you a good idea of all the things you can do to customize your touch, from themes, to utilities, to applications, etc.

If you want to start off by getting themes, search for Winterboard in Cydia and let it install. Then, go to the themes sections of Cydia and get themes that you like (in the sticky thread of 'Post your themes' in the 2G section there are people who screenshotted their themes. You can see which ones you like and then give it a try after downloading) and then activate them in Winterboard.

There are also other things in utilities like emulators etc that others above have talked about, and programs that allow you to download youtube videos (Mxtube) and such.

So that's just a quick lowdown of what you can do to get started.
  6. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    go to Cydia and search for Steffwiz and add his repo. Then go to the repository section and add "All Sources" and it will pretty much do what it says, Add all the sources from cydia. There will be more tools, widgets, themes, and programs to play with. As for games.. most aren't released through cydia because in the past it has been easier and more profitable to do it in the App Store.
  7. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    last time i checked steff yesterday the server was down. does it work now?
    chris
  8. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it's working for me. just tried.
  9. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All Sources is definately back up from its downtime..
  10. y3kesprit

y3kesprit New Member

Hey!

Just a question.

Did you do the essentail upgrade? I think that upgrade will give you tons of apps