Almost as good as a gameshark (Pkmn)

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by freelancer91, Feb 17, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, I know that many of you a bummed that there is currently no gameshark for gpsphone. However, there is something almost as good. There is a program called Advanced Map. It can be found here: http://lu-ho.s229.deinprovider.de/am/index.php?seite=history

This program can be used to edit the maps of the 3rd generation of Pokemon games (R/S/E/FR/LG). You can change the sprites, make land bridges, get rid of obstacles, and even add legendary pokemon and make them as common as regular pokemon. There are plenty of tutorials across the net. Its very easy to use. You can even add pokemon from the original R/B/Y and G/S/C. I love it. Once you have edited the rom (and made a backup) just place the edited gba rom in your roms folder. You can also edit the game even if you already have a saved game on it. Just make sure that you name the new version of the rom the same as the old one when you put it in your rom folder.
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    umm sorry i must be sounding pretty stupid but how do you download this???
  3. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is the link to download the .ZIP file for it.

http://amneu.no-ip.info/

I don't get how this program works though..When I try loading a ROM, it freezes.
  4. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

No, I use it and it is easy to learn.

It is just that the ROM needs to be in regular format. It may tkae like 10 seconds for it to completely load up. If you use the ROMs with the 755 iPod permissions it won't work. And if that doesn't solve your problem, than the ROM you are using is probably bugged.

To anyone who has any questions about Advanced Map, feel free to ask me any questions, as I am currently working on a hack of my own. I'll provide more info later.
  5. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is an incredible amount of work though. THis isn't just like entering codes, you are modifying the game.
  6. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    like I said, its ALMOST as good as a game shark. I find game shark to be a bit of a hassle because the codes make no sense. I'm used to cheat codes like "iwanttoberich" or "suckonthis" (don't ask me where those cheat codes came from, I made them up". Also, these are permanent cheat codes. It really is pretty easy to set it up. And until zodttd comes out with a gameshark patch, this is as good as it gets.
  7. konaha

konaha New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if u really wanna cheat so badly, a good way is to copy the save file to a emulator on pc (like vba) and just ur the cheats accordingly, a matter of copying and dragging. not very troublesome..
  8. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The problem is that vba does not use the .sav file format for its saved games. Unless there is a converter for .sav and .sgm files or some emulator that supports cheating devices and uses the .sav format, this is the only route. Unfortunately, I'm not sure its possible to add items to the maps. I'm still looking into it.
  9. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

this sounds more trouble than its worth lol in some way doesnt doing this make the objectives of the game obsolete....for a mess about i guess it could be fun

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Dash9944

Dash9944 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I agree with Edwards....sounds a bit complicated.
    What i dont mind is entering codes, but modifying maps and pokemon.....
    idk if its worth it