almost any video on ipod/phone

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by r2boster, Jul 24, 2008.

1. r2boster

r2boster Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    i found this out i dont kno if any of you did but....in appstore download mocha vnc lite or sumthin like that. then hook it up onto your computer and then log nto it...i get the screen of your computer on it and you get to control it. after that go on the internet with ipod or computer and go to a video u want to see. for example go to youtube. then just hit the video you want to see and it will go on your computer and your ipod..but the video on your ipod is kind of like a slideshow. and u get the volume from your computer and also idk but maybe if you have your iphone it will do audio also..if you guys try this just tell me if that works....i think this is awsome app...btw its free
  2. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

watching videos from your computer never works with VNC software...

the videos never run smoothly, especially not on something like the iPod... im not quite sure if you're asking for someone to do this, or telling us you did it yourself...

either way, i prefer to watch smooth video myself... plus, you already have a youtube application, so what's the point? yea, there are other sites out there to watch videos obviously, but as i said... why watch a video that skips around a lot?

also, i could be wrong... but i dont think Mocha VNC gets audio from your computer...

EDIT: yes i just tried it... no computer audio... as i figured
  3. r2boster

r2boster Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    jeeze you are a downer i was just saying that its kinda cool and maybe they will update and will make voideos run smoother
  4. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

lol sorry...

not trying to be an ass...

it's just that people talk about this a lot and how you can "stream" videos from your computer... and it has never worked... even running VNC from one desktop computer to another likely cannot run a video smoothly... it's just not possible right now with VNC lol...

that's all i'm saying...
  5. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The highest framerate I've ever managed to get over a VNC connection with video is about 3 fps. Which is largely useless for most video, but if you're watching a sports event and have to be away from the screen, it's usable to keep you up to date.