Almost a Brick!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by shasta, Jan 4, 2009.

1. shasta

shasta New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    *kisses* ipod touch! OMGawd -- *sigh* of relief...... Really, scared me there for a moment. I thought I had finally bricked the damn thing. But I fixed it... had to restore it but hell I would have run naked through the bus station if I had to... I mean it's a 32GB ipod touch.. it's not like I have another 300 bucks lying around!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Stupid c*cky wench! LOL at self. Okay, so back to jailbreaking and modding but I'll be more careful I swear!

So, anyone know the best way to get summerboard like features on fireware 2.2 ? I want to be able to change the sliders and crap but I couldn't seem to figure it out... winterboard didn't have those options and nothing I added allowed me to change those features. Thanks! Shasta

2. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

winterboard has all the features summerboard had AND more...

as long as you know a little bit about ssh then winerboard is PERFECT...

search for some winterboard how to threads (sorry i don't have any links) and you can read up about it...

or just search through cydia for theme packages
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    All you had to do was restore? Well i guess i've almost bricked mine more than a few times then.
  4. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

lol, yeah, do you even know the defenition of brick... appart from the building material
  5. shasta

shasta New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Really? I had winterboard and other than confusing I saw nothing that said things like sliders or icon alignment... but I could have over looked them. Is there a version of winterboard just for touch or is it whatever i find on cydia/installer? I'll go look for a tutorial... I just haven't had much luck in the search on this site. Thanks! Shasta

*ipod touch*
  6. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why are you looking to align them? Or are you trying to make a theme around them?
  7. shasta

shasta New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well and pray to a few too many gods

didn't have to run naked anywhere *LOL*

I think it took me oh umm 4 hours to finally fix it. I shouldn't have been trying to multi-task with the football games and updating stuff on the touch... I just was feeling full of self cuz I've done it so many times that well I just figured the people that really brick them aren't as persistent as me to fix it or they had a lemon to start...however when I made the huge mistake of installed the iphone os onto my touch.. oops

I was like *^%#@$$%%%#@!* and almost gave up but then I tried again and it worked...
    Thank someone upstairs I'm sure... which is anyone's choice. I'm not prejudice--any will do.

So, i'm now reinstalling everything but I'm putting in the jailbroke stuff first. Any ideas on what to put in first or last etc? Like I remember there was a time when you needed to put in a fix that moved where the apps where loading so as to give you more room... I think that was 1.1.2ish? or 3 I can't remember

Do I still have to do that?

The Boss prefs mention something about a fix to the directory.. is that it?

Thanks,
    Shasta
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well I prefer they go across the top from left to right rather than down the left side of the screen and I want to alphabetize them automatically. I have them in categories in folders. Or I did.. Now I've got to start all over.
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You cannot brick an iPhone or iPod Touch unless you purposely enter some evil terminal commands.