AllInOnePlayer - The Best Application in History

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kingrhomby, Mar 7, 2008.

1. kingrhomby

kingrhomby Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hello fellow ipod touch fans,
    first of all i would like to say. wow. you guys are awesome. the development in free ipod touch apps is amazing. just the other day i downloaded "MxTube". Loved it ovcource. There were a few bugs. But it was still amazing. Then i got to thinking. What do I really want in an app. What would be my ultimate application? What would make people go "WOW" when they pick up the ipod touch? and i mean even more so then now. because lets face it, we all know it is an awesome piece of machinery already. but lets make it better.

Then my idea came about.
    I wanted to be able to download my music directly off the internet through the wifi, onto my touch and then sync it with the music app. now i know that this is already possible. but syncing it in using mnplight is annoying (and the titles/album art dont work correctly).

So i thought great. Dimension Player right!... that solves my problem.
    Awesome. So now lets move it up a step.

I wanted to be able to watch videos directly from a video app tab. rather than through safari browser, or MxTube. I wanted to be able to drag and drop a video using an FTP program into my ~/Media folder, and then instantly it would create a thumbnail and info about the movie, ready to be played in the video tab.

So we have a New Music App, and a New Video App.

But I wanted more. Thats where a Photo App comes in. So, its exactly like the Photo app we already have, yet it collects pictures from the harddrive rather than from syncing through itunes. Perfect.

Now we have to throw in a finder. to move/copy files around so that we can organize our ipod stuff. So we will just grab the already made "Mobile Finder" and plop it in.

Next We have a (Search) and (Downloads) tab.
    Search brings up a Choice for the user to select.
    Would you like to search (youtube), (pictures - gathered from html) or, (music - gathered from seeqpod.com),...
    You choose your selection. Type in what you are looking for. Click download. And it downloads into the directory related to its file type. eg) youtube to videos. pictures to photos. music to music.
    You can track your downloading progress through the download tab.
    Now we have to make this better than MxTube. So that it doesnt stop downloading if the filesize is bigger than 5mb.

Next. A Clean looking interface. And All of this under one tab icon on the dock.
    The AllInOne.app

Now i am no programmer, i do not know if this is possible or not, but after watching the SDK interview video i believe it could be done. And now it should be much easier to make as you have the same tools used by apple to create this app.

Another thing. If this app was made it would not be allowed to be sold on the AppStore as it encourages/allows downloading of pirated files. Therefore, I doubt anyone out there is going to bother making this program, if they arent getting payed for it. This app would be a huge hit however, and would make everyones lives much much easier. and fun!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Here are some screen-shots of the idea;

Edit: // It's not that everything is all in one place that makes this program. Using the iphone (ipod) joiner is fine. but this links it all together. And yes, it would be handy. Say you are in wifi range and you want a new song you just heard, download it directly, it instantly syncs in. and is instantly ready to play. Why else would the creator of MNPlight have bothered to add in the (playlist) feature. or MxTube added the download feature. And if its all in one app. It just makes life easier. //

Edit2: // You would also be able to change all info. Just like in itunes. But on your ipod touch. So its basically like Itunes in your pocket. and no need for another copy of your music on your computer. //

Attached Files:

2. sushiboy

sushiboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  3. aznballer937

aznballer937 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no offense but this is a stupid idea.
    sry but we have all these and this brings nothing new to the ipod touch or iphone...
    just sounds like an app for someone too lazy to put their stuff into itunes, which is a great way to organize music

and y would ppl want to use this instead of the built in music, video, and photo apps?
    if u really want u can create the ipod app (like iphone), merging music and video
  4. dragonblaze256

dragonblaze256 New Member

That would be a fantastic app
    only if some would make it

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. XyracX

XyracX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I really like this idea.
  6. steeped

steeped New Member

Maybe have an app which automatically searched for all .mp4 .jpeg or .mp3 on the hard drive, doesn't matter what folder and puts the media in the proper folder without us ever having to know what location on the hard drive they were on. This is because I have videos on MXTube and on my video folder and it's very annoying having two folders.
  7. kingrhomby

kingrhomby Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    looks like my idea came true.
    and was put on the homepage.
    its called MyMedia. Only thing it doesnt have is
    the photos option. but thats not needed.
    now who thinks its a stupid idea.
    to the idiot above who doubted it, you are so stupid.

link to app:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64039
  8. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

That guy isnt an idiot. And, you are wrong as it isnt needed and mymedia is completely different
  9. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nice idea...

my media is sort of like this but not exactly....
  10. Halacio

Halacio New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    even mxtube automatically moving videos to the video app folder would be the best.