All You Need To Know About ZIPhone 2.5 and iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by gojohnnyboi, Mar 2, 2008.

1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Ok, so i've seen MULTIPLE, possibly 15 threads today on the forums of people all having problems with ZIPhone, all these errors and such. So this thread is to try and help you guys out, and save some space on the forums for the people who actually know what they're doing.

The facts:

1. ZIPhone is made by Zibri
    2. It is intended entirely for the **iPhone**, yes thats right, the iPHONE!
    3. Yes, Zibri has ordered an iPod Touch from his donation money, and is planning to work on and iPod Touch version of the jailbreaking system, however he has not yet recieved it and therefore cannot work out the bugs for it.

Common Problems

Problem: Ah! Spamming AT, waiting for response! what do i do!
    Explanation: This happens to MOST (75%) of iPod Touch's with ZIPhone versions above 2.0, and again, is because this application was intended for the IPHONE

Problem: BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 ....i get this error eternally whats wrong!
    Explanation: Well, your either on a 16gb of 32gb ipod touch, or your 8gb iPod touch has a different memory address than the 8gb iPhone, which is the whole reason it works for some 8gb touch's in the first place.

Problem: Why do some versions of ZIPhone screw my iPod over, and others work?
    Explanation: Well, as far as i know, only the earliest version works fully for those select few 8gb iPod Touch's, and even know it does, its strongly discouraged for them as it was made for the iPhone, and as version 2.0 of ZIPhone does NOT fully support firmware 1.1.4

Simple Solution to ALL These

Wait for ZiPod Touch! Zibri knows his stuff, and he will be releasing it as soon as his iPod arrives and he gets to further inspect the problem. He's already announced he was able to "disect", if you will, some of the iPods main internal files, and he believes he will be able to fix the iPod Touch problem with ease.

So stay tuned with Zibri and his work at: http://www.Ziphone.org and hope that ZiPod Touch Comes soon!

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Gojohnnyboi
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If it was really "All you need to know" you'd tell us how it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

How it works on the Exploit.

Also, to get out of the BSD root problem, Put it in Restore Mode, and use ZiPhone 2.5 to kick it back into Normal Mode, sending you back to your Home Screen, safe and sound, as if you never tried it in the first place.

Music, Video, Webclips all where they were.
  3. herbal77

herbal77 New Member

is the 2.5 not recommended for the ipot then?
  4. trigg3r

trigg3r New Member

5. RonS

RonS New Member

ZiPhone DOES claim to support the iPod Touch. Just look at the GUI:

6. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    He says it because people have told him that it works (I'm betting 8 GBers.)
  7. RonS

RonS New Member

Clearly, this is not true. Zibri comes right out and states (for whatever reason) that Ziphone supports the Touch. Not too much wiggle room here.
  8. nandihno

nandihno New Member

have a question..................
    Is there really a need to re-store my itouch??? i dont want to loose my music!

i know i can put it back via itunes..but gosh is a pain...
    would just a removal of 3rd party apps be sufficient????
    and then upgrade via itunes to 1.1.4 then use ziphone...would just be enough???

anyone tried not restoring???
    am thinking that re-storing is to make sure that you get a clean install..but is this really necessary??? me have the lucky pod (8Gb) so.........................
    plssss do tell me..if restoring is a MUST or an option?
  9. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch

If you get "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0"

Then all you have to do, is put your iPod Touch in restore mode and then use ZiPhone 2.5 to put it back into Normal Mode.

If you get "Spamming AT" you can probably do the same thing.

To go into restore mode, follow the first link in my Signature but stop after Step 5.
  10. nandihno

nandihno New Member

eh...so basiically..do i need to put the itouch in restore??? before i do a ziphone JB???
    is it really necessary?