All You Need To Know About Sdk, Ziphone, 1.1.3 jailbreak, And Other Stuff

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Khaos, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

What SDK stands for:
    Software Development Kit

When is it coming out: March 6th 2008

What is SDK: Its a way for people to make apps for the iphone/itouch and for non jailbreakers to download third party apps on to the itouch (chosen by apple)

Most likely no native apps now will be included

1.1.4 Is Out!: Yes and it is true that ziphone does work with it but he is still testing it...This update does not have sdk and only a few Bug Fixes.

Is it true we will have to find a new jailbreak:
    It might not be because since the dev team did not release the official jailbreak meaning that whatever they did to jailbreak it is still unknown but chances are that we will have to refind it.

What is Ziphone:
    its a jailbreak made for the IPHONE only...it uses files that the iphone has that the iTouch dosn't meaning it's not a REAL jailbreak for the iTouch, if you jailbroke with it then i recomend downgrading because its not real for itouch and if your ipod was so called bricked or you get the bsd root error or any other just follow these steps

Force Restore
    1. Hold the power and home button till you itouch turns off
    2. Let go of both of them them press them both till it turns on (Should take like 10-20 seconds)
    3. After it turns on (You see the apple logo) let go of the power button but keep holding down the home button till you get the connect to itunes sign
    4. Now restore and do what you want with it
    5. repeat steps 1-3 till you get the connect to itunes sign

"Spamming AT" Error: It means it failed and you have to do a force restore...

Why It Works For 8gb itouch's: It has to do with the memory addresses and because both the iphone and itouch have 8gb the adresses are similar making it work but its not complete only parts and since the 16gb and 32gb have different addresses ziphone cant find the RAM so it gives the famous error "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" If it works for the 16gb or even the 32gb consider yourself lucky...

Is it true theres gonna be a Zitouch: Well from what we've heard from zibri that once he gets his hands on an itouch he will start working on one and has already reserved zitouch.org (meaning its not up be he can have that name as a website)

So What will happen after SDK is released:
    Well rumor has it that certain company's already have the SDK and are making apps as we talk...And as i've heard that shortly after SDK is released Apple will sell them through iTunes. Thats Right, you'll have to pay for the apps and as I've heard they will be $2.99-$3.99

Will There still be a need to jailbreak: YES, First of all who the hell wants to pay for apps and second jailbreak will have tons of apps and we will have more access then the SDK will have and dont forget SSH...All together its best to stay Jailbroken and not go to the dark side...(apple)

Should we update when SDK comes out: Probably not untill it's absolutely sure we should because for all we know we might not be able to downgrade right away so its best to stay at whatever you are or better yet just stay at 1.1.1

Is there going to be flash for the iphone/itouch: Yes (If you trust gearlive)
    Source: http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q108-flash-on-iphone-is-just-around-the-corner/

Credit: Thanks BMANZZS For Posting This!

Iplayer for iphone/itouch:
    Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/20/iplayer_flash_iphone/

Credit: Thanks for DefectiveHW for Posting This

Bluetooth for Itouch: http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details.jsp?globalObjectId=179

Unlimited Free Music Through Wifi: www.seeqpod.com/iphone

Credit: Thanks chrischris292 For The Post

1.1.3 Jailbreak: All the jailbreaks (Besides Ziphone) Are all Soft-Updates meaning they are modified 1.1.2 firmwares to be and act LIKE 1.1.3, this was made for Developers so they can start making apps compatible with 1.1.3 so that when the real jailbreak comes out there wont be as many problems as there are now

Should we Jailbreak 1.1.3: No, if you are a developer then yes for the purpose of making your apps compatible with 1.1.3, i'd recommend 1.1.1 because everything works on it and if you want you can update to 1.1.2 because to be honest who cares about web icons and wiggly affect, i mean seriously so what, you can move apps around eaisly but is it worth to have to go through jailbreak, restoring, jailbreak, restoring, and on and on and on.
    Guess what i had to jailbreak over 50 TIMES including jailbreak 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and i had to restore 39 times so you know what is it worth it do go through this all, if you aren't having problems then stay at 1.1.3 but if you do have a problem don't post a thread to find out how to fix it just use the magical SEARCH button or just downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak that, just stay at 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and heres a fix to all the 1.1.3 problems

DONT JAILBREAK 1.1.3 UNTIL THERES A REAL JAILBREAK FOR THE ITOUCH OR JUST DOWNGRADE

It's that simple now i hope this helped anyone with questions and if i forgot something feel free to correct me in a post and i will add to this and i want to keep this a ongoing thread so i will add anything that needs to be known so say it here and ill give you credit...unless its just a correction

Rep Is Always Appreciated

Also Check Here for Other Information On SDK
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42965
    Credits: Me, poisonjam
    3 people like this.
  2. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Here Are The Ipod Touch Firmwares...

To Download all the firmwares ever made for iphone and itouch and Ipod without using these direct links (note there are still only 4 for itouch)

Go here: All Firmware Downloads
    Also Check Out SkylarEC's Thread -->SkylarEC's Thread

What Is Jailbreak: It is a way of unlocking the itouch/iphone to be able to download third party software or also known as native applications.

Is it legal: Yes, it is legal but the only way you make it illegal is if you get the iphone apps for free...DO AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE

Is It True I Can Go To Jail For This: No, not that i know of but if you ever need to send you itouch/iphone in for repairs, restore it first, and also this gives your warranty back...

How To Jailbreak Every Version:

On Safari go to jailbreakme.com and all the way at the bottom hit the button install appsnap, If you Need to downgrade scroll down till you see it.

Step 1: Jailbreak 1.1.1 by going to jailbreakme.com and installing appsnap.

Step 2: Go to installer and install community sources.

Step 3: Go to tweaks 1.1.1 and download oktoprep (if you cant find it there go to all packages and find it in there).

Step 4: Plug your itouch in and open itunes.

Step 5: Download the 1.1.2 Jailbreak Here For Windows and Here For Mac And The 1.1.2 Ipod Touch Firmware Here

Step 6: After downloading extract it to your desktop

Step 7: Go back on itunes and hold shift and press update

Step 8: A window should pop up, look for the 1.1.2 firmware double click on it.

Step 9: When its done updating download the jailbreak here 1.1.2 Jailbreak and extract the jailbreak folder to somewhere in your C Drive ( aka C:// )

Step 10: Press Ctrl Alt Delete and press processes

Step 11: End ipodservives, itunes, and ituneshelper

Step 12: Open up the folder and if your windows hit windows.bat, if your mac hit jailbreak.jar.

Step 13: Type it the password (default is alpine, check off "Install SSH" then click Jailbreak

Step 14: When it's done a message will pop up saying to reboot manually then it will reboot again by itself.

Step 15: DONE!!!

O and since the jailbreak contains the old installer Open Installer then just hit the button update and then hit installer and then hit reinstall

Step 1: Make sure you have a jailbroken 1.1.2 Itouch

Step 2: Install BSD Subsystems, and openSSH

Step 3: This Is where the choice is up to you, there are many jailbreak that are all soft upgrades (meaning not the fully complete jailbreak which is said to release after SDK, But you will still be able to use Native Applications) READ ALL WARNINGS THAT I'M ABOUT TO GIVE TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN USE THE 1.1.3 JAILBREAK

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNINGS:

READ ALL JAILBREAKS BEFORE CHOOSING ONE!

WHEN DONE JAILBREAKING DON'T INSTALL ANYTHING OR ANY APPS AFTER!

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A 1.1.2 JAILBROKEN ITOUCH!

HAVE BSD SUBSYSTEM AND openSSH INSTALLED!

AFTER YOU JAILBREAK CLICK ON FIXES UP AT THE NAVIGATION OF THIS WEBSITE!

FORCE REBOOT = HOLD POWER AND HOME BUTTON TILL ITOUCH SHUTS OFF!

INSTALL COMMUNITY SOURCES!

GO TO SETTINGS, GENERAL, AUTO LOCK, AND SET IT TO NEVER!

ADD THE SOURCE ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml FOR ITOUCH APP UPGRADE FREE!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECOMMENDED: This is the one i used, Windows Simplest 1.1.3 Jailbreak

P.S. IF YOU KNOW ABOUT NATE TRUES JAILBREAK I DID NOT ADD IT CAUSE THE JAILBREAK BREAKS THE DRM WITH ALLOWS THE NEW SDK UPDATE TO BE COMPATIBLE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAILBREAKS:

Ipodtouchmasters Jailbreak: This is one is using the dev team and gives you the Iphone Apps With The Wiggle feature and web icons.

Process Time: 1-2 Hours

Problems: When You try to install summerboard it will say inactive so go to fixes and the near the bottom

How To:

Step 1: Install BSD subsystem and openSSH

Step 2: Go to source, hit edit, then hit add and type ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml and hit ok

Step 3: Hit the home button and go to the springboard and hit settings, general, and auto lock, and set it to never.

Step 4: Plug the itouch into the computer (just so it doesn't run out of batteries) and close Itunes.

Step 4: Go to install and click on the subject 1.1.3 Jailbreak + Apps (near the top) and hit the jailbreak and hit install, go through all the messages and wait about about an hour to 2 hours and it it should reboot into a fresh 1.1.3 jailbroken itouch, If it didn't reboot after 2 hours do it manually, if you have to force reboot.

Step 5: Now Go To The Fixes Section Near The Bottom

Official 1.1.3 dev team jailbreak (from installer):
    Official soft upgrade from dev team which installs from installer

Process Time: 1 - 2 Hours

Problems: None

How To:

Step 1: Install BSD subsystem and openSSH

Step 2: Hit the home button and go to settings, general, auto lock, then hit never

Step 3: Go back to installer, go to all packages and hit 1.1.3 dev team upgrade (or something like that)

Step 4: Wait about about an hour to 2 hours and it it should reboot into a fresh 1.1.3 jailbroken itouch, If it didn't reboot after 2 hours do it manually, if you have to force reboot.

Step 5: Now Go into installer and click on unistall and hit installer and hit reinstall, when its done hit the home button and it should respring

Step 6: Go To Sources and add ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml

Step 7: When its done refreshing go to install then look for the folder iphone 1.1.3 applications then download The 1.1.3 Iphone Apple Apps

Step 8: Now Go To Fixes Near The Bottom

ijailbreak (NOT RECOMMENDED):
    This will jailbreak your itouch on your itouch

Process: 30 minutes - 1hour

Problems: Freezes On Keyboard Often - Not sure if its fixed can someone Tell me?

How To:

Step 1: Go to ijailbreak.com and follow the guide on how to do it there

Step 2: Add ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml

Step 3: Go to install then find the folder iphone 1.1.3 applications then install The 1.1.3 Iphone Apple Apps

Step 4: Near the Bottom Go To The Fixes Section

1.1.3 Jailbreak Windows (Simplest) (RECOMMENDED):
    Best one out there at the moment, this one does it from the computer by the way.

Process: 30 minutes - 1hour

How To:

Step 1: Download the file here 1.1.3 Jailbreak and extract it to your C Drive, ( aka C:// )

Step 2: Turn auto lock to never by going to settings, general, auto lock, never and make sure your on the spring board

Step 3: Open the folder and hit windows.bat

Step 4: Type your itouch's IP address, (to find it go to settings, the wifi button and click the arrow next to the router your connected to,) then type the password which by default is alpine, then wait and when it pops up with a message saying potential breach or something like that just type y and hit enter.

Step 5: when it says a message like if your itouch has rebooted do it manually, DONT just go to your itouch and tap the power button and you should see a pinwheel, wait about 10 minutes and it should reboot.

Step 6: Go on installer and go to sources and add ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml, when its done refreshing go to install and go to the folder that says 1.1.3 iphone applications and install the 1.1.3 iphone apple apps

Step 7: Now Go To The Fixes Section
  3. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Official 1.1.3 Dev Team Upgrade GUI:
    This is the same jailbreak as the windows one except does it right off the itouch

Process: 1-1 1/2 hours

How To:

Step 1: Install BSD Subsystem and openSSH

Step 2: Set auto lock to never by going to settings, general, auto lock, never, and plug into a power source

Step 3: On installer install Offcial 1.1.3 upgrade

Step 4: Run the app, WHEN IT SAYS DO YOU WANT TO RESTORE HIT NO OR IS SCREWS YOUR ITOUCH UP AND MAKES IT FREEZE ALOT!

Step 5: Add the source ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml and then go and find the folder 1.1.3 Apple Applications, then download the 1.1.3 apple iphone applications

Step 6: Now Go To The Fixes Section

Ziphone: Ziphone

This is made for iphone but it works anyway

Just save the file to any where you want and open cmd and cd the file

ex. cd C:\Ziphone
    and then press enter, then type
    -j
    and press enter and let it do its thing

Zitouch: Coming Soon

If i'm Missing something or anything is wrong is because i wrote this 2 months ago and am now adding so srry help is always appriciated

Gojohnnyboi's --> Click Here

I think Most of the 1.1.3 Jailbreaks Also Work on 1.1.4...Can someone Clarify?

Ziphone:
    Ziphone

This is made for iphone but it works anyway

Read my Above Post On It

Just save the file to any where you want and open cmd and cd the file

ex. cd C:\Ziphone
    and then press enter, then type
    -j
    and press enter and let it do its thing

Zitouch:
    Coming Soon

Yes...I know this isn't alot but if someone could help me out a little that be good because i'm kinda doing this in a rush srry

Fixes:

After Jailbroke 1.1.3/1.1.4: Go to all packages and install BossTool (If you dont see it add the repo sleepers.net/repo.xml

After you installed it Open it up And tap Free Spaces And Relocate Everthing in the order it is
    Fonts
    Ringtones
    Applications

Now you can install stuff

IpodtouchMasters J/B Summerboard Fix:
    SSH into the itouch and navigate over to

/system/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and in there look for the file SpringBoard, When you find it right click on it and hit properties, then change the permissions to 755 if you use cute ftp Pro or 0755 if you use winSCP

How To Fix iPhone/iTouch Spinning Cog Or Apple Logo Error When You Cant SSH:
    Click Here

Firmware Comparisons can be found --> Here

Thx and This Will Be Updated And Rep Would Be Nice For My Hard Work
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

The SDK key was not leaked! Erica Sadun was mistaken in her TUAW report; Zibree has already clarified things. (See here). Whatever that key is, it has nothing to do with the SDK.

There is currently no information at all on how much apps will cost or if they'll cost (probably, but Apple's been stum as usual). The "leaked" MacWorld keynotes that supposedly outed this information was a complete fabrication.
  5. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok i see ill change that right away

Update: deleted that part thanks for the info
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You say specifically say: Don't Jailbreak 1.1.3!
    People will do what they want and the obnoxious huge red text is really annoying.
    I would suggest making it smaller.
  7. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well i was just trying to make a point because theres LOTS of theads about problems with 1.1.3 but ill make it smaller and accually i say UNTIL a real itouch jailbreak comes out... But i dont have power but trust me if you listen to it you wont have so many problems with the itouch

Update: I made it smaller hopes it's better
  8. full1

full1 New Member

Thanks for the info
  9. plokiju

plokiju New Member

I dont care what people say, Im staying with my soft 1.1.3 at least until the sdk coms out. Then ill probably go unjailbroken until a good one comes out or until i get bored.
  10. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    go ahead im not saying you can't but if you have problems with it you can't say i didnt warn you