All these battery problems...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IpodTouchKid93, Jan 6, 2009.

1. IpodTouchKid93

IpodTouchKid93 New Member

Why are there so many battery problems with the new 2G? It said it was an improve battery from 1G, I still have 1G, maybe getting 2G today. I'm just wondering, what's up with the battery? I've never had my battery die on me in my 1G, in over a year times that I had it. (I run the battery pretty low sometimes)
  2. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    some of the people in iptf say that their iPod's battery life only last for 2hrs and so. I myself, an owner of a 2G iPod touch am not even aware of this battery problem. It works like a charm dude. So just buy it. And if you do experience problems, you could always return it to apple.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

My 1st gen seems to have better battery life than my 2nd gen does. I'm not sure why, lol. The 2nd gen is a 32gb and the 1st is a 8 mb lol
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    WTH? ok I tested my fully charged 2G iPod and my friends fully charged 1G we played the same cycle of movies for 4hrs with full brightness. What did you know? I still have 10% battery remaining (my 2G) and my friend's iPod is completely dead at 3hrs and 42mins. My iPod finished the 2 movies until it ran out of battery, that was 15min later, ok so a total of 4hrs and 15mins for my 2G and only 3hrs and 42mins for my friends 1G. Oh I forgot: we both have 2.2 and we both used headphones at half volume. Wifi is off and 1G isn't jailbroken. We restored it with the same songs and movies apps and pics.

So that's proof to me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ob2is4me

ob2is4me New Member

not really. has he had his alot longer then you? because battery gets worse over time.
  6. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually, it's 33 minute longer, not 15.
  7. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, a full day at school...
    Music, Game walk to school...
    A bit in lessons (games)
    Break, And lunch (Games, Music, Video)
    And the walk home...

I only use about 1/2 ,1/3 of the battery.
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Interesting stuff... I've been doing quite a bit of research into the iPod & iPhone's batteries recently (I'm a geek I know - see the thread linked in my sig if you're interested in learning).

The 1G iPod Touch has a Lithium Ion battery whereas the 2G has a lithium Ion Polymer battery. The Polymer battery is the new generation of batteries and is more environmentally sound, safer and has 20% more energy capacity and 20% longer life, according to the stuff I have read. So a 2G should run and last longer than a 1G. However you should note that all Li-Ion batteries start to deteriorate as soon as they are made so older batteries will hold less charge than newer ones, even if they aren't used.
  9. rebirth89

rebirth89 New Member

mine plays music for about 10 hours straight if im f***ing with it it only lasts about 6 i dont see any problem with the battery life yes the older ipods were better. Then again this is a touch screen which must take up alot of life so i understand why its less
  10. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Unless both iPods are brand new, then your test is not accurate, since as has been mentioned, the batteries lose retention as time goes on.