All the reviewers complain about...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by emceechad, Nov 7, 2007.

1. emceechad

emceechad New Member

How the iPod touch is crippled in comparison of applications to the iPhone.

Jailbreakers, doesn't it make you smile to know that your iPod touch has all of those applications plus more, thus getting rid of the complaints of every freaking iPod touch review on this planet?

It's a good thing to laugh at, and kinda makes you think that your iPod touch is in some ways much, much better than a locked iPhone.
  2. tigerminx

tigerminx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd say, feel sorry for all the folks whose iPod Touches will remain stock... All I know is my investment is worth a whole lot more now !!!

Cheers.
  3. gobygoby

gobygoby New Member

well....I would love to JB my touch...but I am waiting till Feb. to see what Apple does with 3rd party stuff. If they still arent on board I will JB it. My main concern is the warranty ( and probably everyone elses concern too)

Trust me, I am itching to get more apps on my touch!
  4. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I haven't JB my Touch and personally I am in no hurry to do so. I got my Touch to play music and videos (mostly movies and TV while traveling). I don't really want to turn it into a PDA as I already have a Windows Mobile phone that handles my calendar and email just fine.

If the iPhone could handle synching with Exchange email I might be tempted to go that route although it would be nice to have more the 8G in the iPhone.

I am glad that you can JB the Touch and I may do so one day if there's something worth putting on the Touch.
  5. everpress

everpress New Member

I wonder how much more Apple's Official apps will cost?
  6. gobygoby

gobygoby New Member

I doubt they will be able to charge anything. If they make one and charge for it, I am sure some dev will make one identical and make it free.
  7. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Depending on the app they will charge, no doubt about it. As for making one that is identical that may not be as easy as it sounds and developers will protect their intellectual property in the courts. That's why no one has built a MS Word or Excel look-alike.

You will probably see some apps that are given away and some duplication of certain apps. What does apple do for iPhone apps? Do they charge for them?

Since I work in the computer business I believe that people should get paid for their work, unless they offer it up for free. If you're using a comercial app ($$) then you should pay for it.
  8. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Actually, Office.org works well with what Microsoft does, and that's free... <-<