iOS 4.0 All the app and data file is gone!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cwood, Aug 20, 2010.

1. cwood

cwood New Member

I have ipod touch 3g with IOS4.0. I did jailbreak two days ago and Cydia still show the pending TSS. Today when I turn on the ipod, most of my app I got before the Jailbreak were gone! I tried to get the apps back through iTunes Sync. Now all of the app is empty! But iTune my device capacity still show huge used file for all the category. The largest capacity used is by category "other", which I guess is Cydia file and the file I drag and drop into the GoodReader through GoodReaderUSB.

My question is:

1. How do I get back those data file?
    2. If I give up, how do I free those hiding occupied capacity?
    3. Do I have to wait Cydia approval my TSS to restore my device?
    4. Can I just restore my device from iTune to free up all my capacity?

Thank you very much for your help!
  2. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Try spotlight search to find your apps.
  3. cwood

cwood New Member

Thank for your quick suggestion. I use windows pc and I did open cydia to search QuickGold but it's not compatible with my ipod IOS4.0. It's only support 3.0. Anything else I could try?

4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    wow. you're clueless about this aren't you?

spotlight search is the search bar before your first page of apps. see if you can find your apps taht way.
  5. cwood

cwood New Member

I also did slide left function and type some of my file name but no lucky to find what I want. If I search app's name like goodreader, it only bring me to the current sync the goodreader app which the document folder is empty!

------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks Narwa. Yes I was clueless at the first. I only start play itouch two weeks. I did tried spotlight as you mentioned but no luck. I still have all the file on my computer, I can reload them to my ipod if I wish. But the problem is that those missing file still occupied my space on the device! How do I free them anyway?

6. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you get the apps off a different computer? Then your itunes would have replaced them