All Sources Issue

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by AMurphy, Apr 17, 2010.

1. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i just jailbroke my 3.1.2 ipod touch 3g 32gb with blackra1n and i tried to download all sources from steffwiz and everything is downloading correctly until the very end when it get stuck at downloading packages if i cancel the cydia download the sources look like they downloaded but whenever i download new packages from cydia (the black bar on top) it gets stuck at downloading packages and i need to cancel
    how can i fix this please help!

so can ANYONE HELP!
  2. trsblader

trsblader Member

This is also my problem. It has gotten to the point that I have to reinstall cydia each time, making me have to reinstall packages each time too.
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

I'll bet the problem is half those repos don't exist anymore, which means that Cydia is stuck trying to connect to sources which have either moved servers or have consolidated with the bigger repos. That's about the only reason I can think of it constantly loading, the way you described.
  4. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In my opinion, theres no need for all those sources. And yes some of the sources included in that download don't work anymore.
  5. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the sources automatically installed with cydia have pretty much anything you will ever need. what were you looking for that you couldn't find in the regular sources?
  6. trsblader

trsblader Member

This was my thinking, however this problem didn't exist until after I deleted one repo (I forget the name, which is a problem because now I can't re add it). That's what made me to a fresh install in the first place. Now I have nothing but problems.

I found a thread on google that said to go into the plist and delete the <dict> and repo names. However that's not in the plist that they described so either I found the wrong one, or they gave me the wrong place to look.

My issue lies with the ones you actually can't delete as well as the ones you add yourself. So my issue includes stock repo's as well as those added by myself.
  7. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use ifile or SSH and delete all the repos you don't need in etc/apt/cydia(or sources)/cydia.list

Or when you go in the cydia/sources folder (cant remember which one), delete the associated file with the repo
  8. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i know I really just don't care if i want a package or theme thats not on cydia i'll add it manually