All right, don't flame me for this. 24kpwn

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Mar 10, 2009.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm new to jailbreaking, super new. I also am pretty comfortable with my ipod touch and can't replace it. My first question is, who made this jailbreak? Is there possibly going to be a better version within the month? I've tried understanding the other posts and they look like a foreign language to me and i don't want to get through half the process and not know what i'm doing. Will iphone dev team or someone come out with a simple, final jailbreak? Is this just to hold us over? Please, no flaming... i tried to read the other posts but found it was easier to just address my own question here.
  2. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    If you have windows just wait for QuickPwn
    Mac wait for Pwnage.

Yes this is kinda a hold over!!!
  3. peddyt

peddyt New Member

iPhone Dev Team is probably going to come out with an easy-to-use GUI within the next month. The 24kpwn is an exploit (pretty much a hole in the software), MuscleNerd and Chronic Dev discovered it.
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Answer to first Question: MuscleNerd and Chronic
    There will be many variations and means of getting to the same end, so there won't be a better version, only many alternatives to accomplishing the same thing like xpwn, Unofficialsn0w, redtool, etc.

Dev Team will come out with easier jailbreaks improving QuickPwn, so in your case, yes, they will come out with a more user-friendly official release from them, but they feel that it might take a bit longer in terms of the amount of time needed compared to many anxious people at iPTF to jailbreak as you can see.
  5. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Haha, yeah i can see how anxious people are. Thanks for answering. I think i'll probably just wait for an official release. I'll have to jailbreak my girls touch too so it will probably be easier and i won't get the whole "if you ruin this..." speech. Haha.
  6. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    *sigh*
    Most of us who JB'ed our ipods with the first redsn0w had to do A LOT of reading, googling, more reading, an ass-ton of unsuccessful attempts and possibly even thinking we bricked our ipods even tho everyone says 'you cant brick an ipod!'.
    A lot of those ppl asked questions in new threads instead of searching for the answers, and got flamed.
    So why do you think that politely asking for ppl to refrain from flaming you is going to stop them from doing so? So you get to come in here and skip all the hard work we went thru just by starting your own thread? sh*t, i had mine JB'ed before i ever even made a post here... yes i had problems but i didnt make a new thread for each one. Our forum search engine is very powerful, google is your friend, so is wikipedia, and in this day and age of youtube videos, you can even prolly find a video tut (even tho the new exploit hasnt even been out a day).... and if you cant JB with a video tut you need to stay with vanilla apple firmware.
  7. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well get over it. The people who posted before you answered my question just fine. Is this where i insert some sympathy for your pains of searching? It's a forum, it's for asking questions. I just noticed most people around here love to flame whenever the chance arises or tell somebody they stole their ipod when the person asks how to get into their ipod because they forgot their code. Props to you bro though, i'm obviously not as bold as you. It would take me hours and hours to search through every thread and skim for my answer. I'm sure i'm not the only one with this question, so it probably helped others, especially with my title, who are also weary of flamers. Thanks.
  8. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh, once i got started and had problems i was f***ing determined to get my jailbreak working without having to ask n00bish questions that i knew from trolling the forums would get me flamed. I was like, 'f*** all these ppl who flame at the slightest invocation, if i have to get flamed multiple times to get my JB, i'll wait until i can do it myself' and thats what i did. i researched and studied wiki pages about obscure terms i prolly would never have researched had i not been so damn determined. And so i have never been on the receiving end of a flame (well, at least not on here) and unless it was a really obviously answered question, (like 'i jb'ed my ipod and now it wont boot! HALLLP!') i have not flamed either. If you felt that i flamed you, i cry your pardon. I just feel like i (and most anyone who did the tethered JB) worked for it, and a lot of ppl just expect us to hand it to them on a silver platter... 'send me an ipsw!', 'can someone get on aim and help me?' and the like. There is NO jailbreak tech support! I think that's kind of the fun of it. when you successfully JB your ipod, it gives you a real sense of accomplishment. I know more about this hardware than i ever wanted to know. going thru all of these manual steps actually feels like youre 'hacking' your ipod, which of course YOU arent, the dev teams are, but it makes you feel like you pulled something really difficult off.
    basically, it comes down to what the devteam said in the original redsn0w's readme file.... if any of this looks like gibberish to you, you prolly shouldnt be doing it!
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dude, next time, if you need to, just politely post, check your spelling and grammar and I'm sure you'll be fine. I think many IPTF members would happily hear a well-constructed plea for help. You shouldn't get flamed unless you really have not even bothered to do neither a low level search nor browse the stickies.

I do commend your pro-active attitude. One of the things I love about technology is learning about it. When something goes wrong it's a pain but resolving the problem is a great learning curve and a challenge with the (re)solution as the prize.

...but please mind your language... effing and blinding doesn't get you any kudos... there's young people on here too
  10. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    man, did you read the 24kpwn thread? that one 13 year old who said he didn't have to be mature is a perfect example of what I'm talkin bout. I'm not personally too worried bout a couple of f-bombs in my posts when most of the ppl who are making all these lazy n00b posts are in fact children. if we could possibly make this forum 18+, I betcha a lot of that would cease. and then pol like this guy who structured their posts intelligently would be less likely to be flamed