All People That Know Screamo (Better If You Can Sing It) Am I On The Right Track?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Khaos, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    http://khaos139.890m.com/ScreamoProgress1.mp3

I am exhale screaming as because I have been doing that not knowing about inhaling, and since im only 13, its kinda hard to do...

Tell me if it sounds good, am I on the right track, right technique, etc.

And I know it sounds whispery, I barly use my voice, just mouth movements and alot of air

At the end, where I did a screaming solo, tell me how my pig squeals sound, there like all shall perish's

Thanks

P.S. I screwed up a bit in the song where I stated to use my voice, sorry, and my high screams squeak at times, again im 13 so its not that easy

-------------------------------------------------UPDATE----------------------------------------------------

I found out that when u scream, you are supposed to use your fake vocals, if im right those vocals are the growling sounds, I have been practicing those and my inhaling (NO MORE WHISPERS W00T)

Here's my updated progress, I have the real song playing in the background turned down and my voice turned up, I covered the All Shall Perish song, The True Beast: http://khaos139.890m.com/Screamo_Progress_2_(The_True_Beast).mp3

For the beginning I recorded three different vocal tracks, ull see what im talking about, then the main song is all one track.

I used mostly exhaling on the song as I know they do, but for certain gutturals parts i used inhaling (You will be able to tell) I did not go high with inhaling or mid inhaling at all, still working on those. The first time the singer goes low (gutteral), I tried my exhales and it sound ok, so after then I inhaled the gutterals part and it sounded better, plus I could do the pig squeals. Ok again, tell me how I did, right technique, stuff like that

NOTE: After listening to it a few times, I noticed it sucks, lol, but then again I just started practicing using my vocals.

Thx
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Inhales arent good. It really kills your voice. Although, its a lot easier than exhales.(for me at least).

Ill check out yours tomorrow morning when i can actually listen to it.
  3. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I heard as long as u don't use ur voice, it should be good. But i see where ur getting at. Inhaling is hard to me tho, I can exhale better and I get dizzy when I inhale, im probably doing it wrong.

Also my pig squeals are like all shall perish's

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. NumNum

NumNum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Eh... honestly? Not that good. I know you realize you sound like your whispering, it's just you have no actually use of your vocal cords. Try making some noise and then record again.
  5. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So i should use my vocal cords, U mean slightly tho right?
  6. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Whisper screams. Anyone can do those.

Actually use your voice, it will improve it 100000%
  7. NumNum

NumNum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea, if you want to sound good, I think it's awesome when you go metal at some parts where you would use some vocals and that technique you are practicing, and then go into a breakdown which leads to just normal singing. Don't go screaming the whole song, ruins it completely.
  8. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well its not my song, its a song by Parkway Drive, my singing voices kinda sucks, but I am gonna try to get lessons.

Thanks for the help tho, I am gonna go re-record the song and vibrate my vocals a bit more
  9. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You gotta tighten up your throat, then just scream(not whisper). Adjust your pitch for highs or lows.

Drinking milk helps.
  10. NumNum

NumNum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Don't spend money for lessons, it's a waste unless you are gonna become professional.