All My Music/Videos Turned to OTHERS WTH?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by fenderman8000, Jul 26, 2008.

1. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so I plugged in my iPod Touch 2.0 into my comp with iTunes 7.7 like I usually have been for the last few weeks. I plugged it in and let it sit there for a while and when I came back ALL of my Music and Videos were gone from the settings and the iPod Home Screen on my iTunes. My Apps, and Photos and stuff were still there though..

The weird thing is that even though my music and videos were not in my libraray, they were still in my iPod all 15GB of it cus in the little bar on the iPod Home Screen ALL 15GB showed up in the "Other" section..The orange colored bar..and no Music/video (Purple/blue)which is what used to take up my 15GB.. SO How the heck did this happen and is there ANY way I can fix this?? My comp is SUPER slow and it takes FOREVER to Resync 15GB worth pf stuff, and if I restore I will lose data of all my Application game datas(is there anyway to save my game datas?)

Anyone know how to fix this? it should be simple cus I know all the stuff is in my iPod because there is 14.71GB taking up my iPod the exact same my music and video took up.
  2. EricW75

EricW75 New Member

That happened to me and all I could do was restore.
  3. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so is there any way to prevent this like how did this happen? and does anyone know how to save game data of apps and stuff?
  4. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

You probably didn't remove the ipod properly, i did that and all i had to do was connect it back and re-sync. Unless you want to restore and lose all your data.
  5. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    but it happened while it was in my pc..like i didnt rem,ove it at all
  6. arjayquizon

arjayquizon New Member

Same thing happened to me a few weeks back. I was syncing my iPod, and agreed on the iTunes 7.7 update. iTunes had to close (while syncing), updated, then showed me a big 14 GB "others" in iTunes. I re-synced it, it gave me an error saying it couldn't connect to the iPod properly, tried again, it said the same thing, except my iPod turned to an iPhone. So I had to restore, although my music and videos were intact and still working. I had a bunch of errors while restoring. So I decided to restore with my sister's macbook (I'm using Windows Vista, btw). It was successful, for the most part. Then I re-restored on my own computer, just for the sake of seeing what was wrong. And I got the same error. The only way to fix mine was I placed my iPod into DFU mode. It worked. I was on unjailbroken 1.1.4 at that time, btw.

Hope this helps you.
  7. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the longthought out answer appreciate it. What exactklly is DFU mode?