All My Icons Disappeared !

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mev1205, Jul 31, 2008.

1. mev1205

mev1205 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well I was trying to install a Camera Roll fix for my iPod Touch (firmware 1.1.2) and it restarted, and now all of my icons have disappeared. Unfortunately for me, I decided to turn off SSH right before I did this and thus I cannot ssh into it and remove it. I haven't visited here in awhile and I realize that 1.1.2 is a bit antiquated, so if someone would guide me to the best direction it would be most appreciated. I know now that in order to get my iPod back, I have to either restore it or update it, and I don't really want to go back to 1.1.2. Can I upgrade to 1.1.5 and jailbreak that? Or should I upgrade to 2.0 (does this cost like $20 or something?). In your opinion, which is better?

I know that 2.0 has the App Store, which sounds really cool. Would I be able to use this even if I jailbroke it? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    2.0 can be jailbroken.

2.0 (Jailbroken) - 10 Dollars. But not many jailbroken apps available, lots of App store apps, but no jailbroken apps except NES, Customize (No wallpaper support), Boss Prefs, Quake and MXTube.

1.1.4(Jailbroken) - All jailbroken apps you know and love.

*note: Many more apps are being ported to 2.0 as we speak.

All the info I can give you. It's up to you.
  3. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    restart your iPod then SSH will automatily be turned on again.