All music on iPod - gone??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Joeicam, May 17, 2010.

1. Joeicam

Joeicam New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys, alright so i'm not totally sure what set my ipod off, but just today i was syncing my ipod with itunes and i got this error saying it couldn't read it for some reason. Then when I went into my ipod's music app only the songs that I had just put on it remained. The rest of them are as "other". My friend installed MewSeek onto it and then he synced (sunk?) it with the music app to put the song on their. Also, I have just recently upgraded my ipod touch 3g to firmware 3.1.3 and jailbroke it with Spirit. Just wondering if you know how to reverse this issue, or if i have to do a total restore to get it back.. thanks!
  2. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you said that all your music went into other? Try SSH'ing and finding the songs, download dTunes or another media player through cydia, you should be able to find them, but you'll have to use an alternate app than the native music player.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Just try syncing again.
  4. Joeicam

Joeicam New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ehhh.. alright. yea i was thinking i'd have to do that. SSH it that is. Are the videos in the sample place as the music files?? I would check on my ipod but I can't hook it up right now.

and yes, I tried to sync it again, but it wouldn't change them back. at least it was able to sync..