all music erased from ipod and space is filled with "Other"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yungl1nk, May 27, 2009.

1. yungl1nk

yungl1nk New Member

kinda long

*sigh* i dont understand y or how this happened. it was working fine a few minutes ago but when i plugged it up to ssh into it i pulled up itunes and the storage bar at the bottom said i had about 660kb of photos, 1.24gb of apps, and 4.36 gb of "Other".so now i only have 1.4gb of space left and i had at least 4gb of music and videos the only thing i could think wuld be the problem was the ultimate leopard theme i ssh'ed onto it but after i did that all my music was still on there and the theme worked fine but as soon as i plug it into itunes, GONE! i went to delete the theme but that didnt help. thats the only thing i did to it all day so idk wat the problem is. this has happened to me once before a long time ago (pre-jailbreak) and i had to restore it. but i dont wanna do that now becuz i wuld have to download everything else again and i dont have wifi (i used my friends at his house but i wont be back over there for a while). plz help. thanks
  2. AllyOmega

AllyOmega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try resyncing, or open cydia and install a theme with winterboard, and respring.
  3. JB019

JB019 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    same thing happened to me awhile ago, i had to restore.
  4. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its a problem with your "iTunesDB" file in your iTunes_Control folder.

if you were using mewseek before this happened, it made a backup, if not, youre probably out of luck.
  5. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Someone had posted a similar issue and a tutorial was there to solve it. If I remember all you have to do is resync your songs. I am not sure what the tut said but try to remove all songs from your ipod and re-sync them.
    Removing: If you have automatic music management in itunes, remove all the playlist you sync with and sync your ipod, check if the "Others" size has reduced. If it has re-sync your music back onto the ipod.

You can also ssh and remove music from your ipod.
    hope it helps
  6. TearsOfFire

TearsOfFire New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem. For me, all I did was reinstall iTunes and that did the trick.