All Media Suddenly Gone!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xxjustinxx, Apr 15, 2008.

1. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

I had finished charging my iPod touch and went to play some music and all my music was gone! I went into videos and the same! I installed boss tools yesterday to enable more application room and I know theres a thing that deletes all media but I'm 100% sure that I didn't do it. PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P. and yes this did bring teers to my eyes. ( running jailbroken 1.1.1 )
  2. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

Um not sure if this helps but in Boss Tools it says that I have 3908 mb free out of like 7440 mb or something so I'm thinking that the music files got moved or something when I enabled the "enable more space by moving applications" thing so if anyone knows how to reverse the process?
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    i had this problem but i just had it with my pictures .... cant u just sync your music back onto it? and do you happen to have swapLibary, if not, download it from installer and then use it and see if anything changes.
  4. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

Yea I could go plug it into my computer and put a small portion of music on my iPod but all the songs that I had are from quite a few friends itunes library's and that would take a long time to go get. I just dont understand why it says im using like 3gigs of space but its just not showing the data... And why do people need that app to get other peoples itunes music? I just plug it in and click and drag songs onto ipod n it works fine no app needed : P
  5. Meetdave

Meetdave New Member

if you delete the

var/mobile/media/ itunes_control

and resync, you'll get it all back...

that worked for me.

itunes will automatically make it again for you. but you will lose all your music and such
  6. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

Could you be somewhat more specific, you said i'll get it back but then you wrote that I will lose my music and such... The idea is to get the music that mysteriously dissapeared.
  7. csdonz

csdonz New Member

he means u will lose the music that was on ur ipod however u can sync it all back on with itunes so you should still have everything u started with
  8. rodrigo220

rodrigo220 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah dude just SSH and search .mp3.
    Download it and just resync them.
    Happened to me too. dont worry
  9. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

OK I'll go try that right now.
  10. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

Um not sure if this is right but ssh'd into ipod but don't know how to search for files on winscp so I just starting looking in folders and found /private/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Music and theres folders in there from F00 to F13 but there all empty, please tell me this is not were the music should be or basically I think I'm screwed.