All media reported as "Other" - no music even though it's there?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by StevenX, Feb 2, 2008.

1. StevenX

StevenX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just ran Installer and it froze, so after a while I held down the Power button. The Slide to Unlock thing came up, but the touch screen wasn't responding, so I plugged in the USB cable..

Now, I have 10.90GB of "Other," reported in iTunes, even though it is music/videos, and no music and videos can be played on the iPod (says No Music/Videos if I go into it).. Also, my iPod has lost its name and is now called "untitled playlist." Is tehre any way to make iTunes/iPod see that the "Other," IS actually music and videos, or do I have to restore my iPod (which I obviously don't really want to do) to fix this?
  2. reijimitsurgi

reijimitsurgi New Member

This happened to me just yesterday. I installed BossTools, erased all my media with that, then synced with iTunes to restore it all.
  3. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sometimes iTunes lags and makes everything "Other" when you plug it in. But you can't access the music and videos? Strange.... try the restarts.....power button (if it works), Home and Sleep/Wake button, and holding the power button for 30 to 40 seconds.

If a restore is in order, try to back up everything you can with SSH if you have WiFi still.
  4. StevenX

StevenX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I installed BossTool and "Wiped iPod," but now iTunes says that it can't read the contents of the iPod and wants me to restore... Is there any way to fix this, and if not how can I back-up all my apps, etc. using SSH?
  5. reijimitsurgi

reijimitsurgi New Member

Have you tried rebooting? (Hold Power and Home buttons until it turns off)
    If that doesn't work, to back up, you copy the Applications folder and the /var/root/ folders to your computer, then copy them back after you jailbreak. I hope this helps.
  6. StevenX

StevenX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi, just decided to re-jailbreak using the updated methods anyway since I've been having a couple of recurring problems with it since the last jailbreak anyway. Thanks for the help though - I'll be sure to back up those folders before the next update!

Please Register or Log in to view images