iOS 4.0 All Jailbreak Exploits Patched by Apple for iPhone 4 iOS4/4.0.1?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by -lkv-, Jul 20, 2010.

1. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    With the introduction of the iPhone 4 and iOS4 Apple has successfully patched all exploits that were being used to jailbreak and unlock the iPhone. Unless a new exploit is discovered iPhone owners may not be able to jailbreak or unlock their iPhones using unauthorized methods.

There have been numerous announcements that the iOS 4 has been jailbroken and even the iPhone 4. But, there are not reliable iPhone unlocking solutions to date that are being offered to the public. These initial reports have been in isolated instances using unmarketable methods. For example, if the code being used to jailbreak or unlock the iPhone contains any Apple code it is considered proprietary and would violate the copyright laws if distributed.

With all the excitement of the iOS4 being pre-released to developers, providing for hackers an opportunity to plan in advance, this delay in an iPhone unlocking solution came as a great surprise and disappointment to many iPhone owners.

But, that has not prevented the promises from flowing. An exploit is being touted as a “Jailbreak for life” which will unlock and jailbreak any and all iPhone for life. This seems to be an unrealistic claim in light of the recent difficulties in jailbreaking and unlock iPhone 4. Of all the developers announcing their breakthrough they do not announce any dates that the jailbreak or unlock solution can be expected to be released to the consumer.

So, it looks to be at least a few more weeks before any reliable iPhone unlocking solution is found that may be offered to the public.

Source: http://www.techteet.com/2010/07/20/all-jailbreak-exploits-patched-by-apple-for-iphone-4-ios44-0-1/

what do you guys think?
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    More than half the devices made are 'pwned4life' meaning you can always jailbreak any future firmware version. As for the others, the dev team always start with a jailbreak that uses some apple code and then release a polished one that doesn't. On the unlock side, the current baseband for everything but the iPhone4 is unlocked and released. As for the iPhone4, its been unlocked and their just polishing their code and deciding which version to release.

The iPhone4 was jailbroken within a week or so of being released, I fail to see any 'difficulties' that the writer mentions. The unlock was also achieved in an astonishing timeframe, both musclenerd and planetbeing have methods on the unlock, they're simply streamlining it now

All in all, a bullsh*t article

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    agreed to Bobby681!
  4. Mahmood Hussain

Mahmood Hussain New Member

Stuck need help

I have iphone 3GS 16GB and unlocked or (jailbreak) from a mobile phone shop( I don't know first about this jailbreak system but when i made this mistake then I search on web about then I got information about this jailbreak system).
    Cydia was in my phone after unlock, who unlocked my phone he didn't tell me about this that after jailbreak I shouldn't upgrade my software. I was using itunes and got msg from Apple for iOS4 to upgrade and I did it, after that my phone is giving this msg " invalid sim ". Please help me to resolve my problem, how can I fix my phone(Unfortunately I couldn't back up my phone).
    Is there any solution for this problem? Version is 4.0.1(8A306) Firmware is 05.13.04
    Thanks,