all ipod touch users..please PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by james_park617890, Dec 15, 2007.

1. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

hi
    i am interested in getting the ipod touch 16GB for christmas. I am updating from my sony mp3 which i had for about two years, and time for an upgrade.

I was reading extensively about the ipod touch. The reviews seem to be generally very good ones, but in forums, i keep reading about problems. For example, the video darkness problem (week 38 or something). In addition, the applications automatically closing or songs cancelling by itself. Not to mention the entire touch turning itself off periodically. I read the video darkness issue has somewhat been solved by a new firmware, but i was wondering if there is any definite solution should my ipod touch get those problems.

so i am wondering if 500 dollars (including tax, case, warranty) is a good investment. i have saved up enough money for that so money's not a problem as of moment, but i dont want to buy something that i will have to constantly take it back for repair and exchange. Should i get the ipod touch?? any opinion/help would be appreciated.

thanks~

Please Register or Log in to view images

btw..how do u know what week ur ipod touch is..cuz i read a lot of people talking like 'week 38 ipod touch, or week 37 ipod touch)
  2. Darrell

Darrell New Member

About your apprehensions, I've had my iPod since October 10 and though I had my share of it's bugs (mostly software bugs), never have I thought I made a mistake of investing on such a cool gadget. And fyi, I've been an iPod user since the 3rd gen (and it's still working), 80GB 5.5G (also working as if it were new, with the Classic hack), and two 2nd gen iPod Shuffles (Blue and Silver).

Please Register or Log in to view images

To determine what week an iPod touch is, look at the serial number. The 4th and 5th digits are the week number.
  3. hifi_guy

hifi_guy New Member

I guess it's the same with everything you're interested in buing and do some reading and googling on. It's logical that accounts of problems, bugs, bricks and all kinds of trouble far outnumber the "im so happy with my new (insert product name here)" posts. Whenever you're doing research in forums find this distortion of reality, as people are more likely to post when they have a problem than when they're simply satisfied owners.

fwiw, as of yet I have not encountered any problem with my jailbroken ipodTouch (week 44 16GB FW1.1.1).
  4. ipodtouchlover

ipodtouchlover New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes i would say its well worth the money and the battery life is amazing on the ipod touch
  5. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Go for it dude!
  6. fruit Bat

fruit Bat New Member

its the best gadget i have ever bought
  7. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

If you've got $500 to spend on a portable media player, you can't do much better. Of course $500 would buy alot of other cool stuff too.

The Touch is MUCH better if you've got a wireless router both at home and where you work. Without internet access it's just another 16GB media player. You could do better and spend less getting a new Zune 80GB.

4D
  8. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You should definatly get it....its worth it,,,
  9. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I don't even have one...I have 800 posts. If you have the money go for it man.

btw, it's not $500, but $400 for the 16GB
  10. touchman87

touchman87 New Member

wow u have a lot of posts for not even having an ipod