All I wanna do is change the wallpaper on my iPod....HOW?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by PianoManKD, Dec 20, 2007.

1. PianoManKD

PianoManKD New Member

That's all I want. I dont want themes, I dont want to make my own icons....I just want to have a wallpaper.

Is there anyway to use the photos in your photos app as your wallpaper?

Help please! Thanks!
  2. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes there is. But you can also do it through SSH and photoshop. I'll tell you both ways.

first: Set the one in your photo album as your wallpaper (slide to unlock screen) and then go into summerboard and turn of wallpaper. It will prompt you to slide to unlock and on your springboard will be whatever you set as your wallpaper! I'm not sure if it'll stay that way if you change your wallpaper though.

Second: open up whatever picture in photoshop or any photo editing program. Next set the image size as 320x480 (I think.) Then go into your favorite SSH program and navigate to /private/var/root/library/summerboard/themes. Create a folder in themes and name it whatever you want. Next time you check summerboard it will be there in the themes portion.

hope I helped!
  3. PianoManKD

PianoManKD New Member

can you explain the "first" example a little better?

Thanks!
  4. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i suggest you FTP it to your ipod...

on your Summerboard add "themes" that only contain a file named "Wallpaper.png"

Please Register or Log in to view images

go here using your FTP client

/private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/
  5. sean22

sean22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    go to /private/var/root/media/library/themes

make a new folder and put your wallpaper and have that be the only thing in the folder,
    that will make only your wallpaper change and everthing else (icons, dock) will be the same.

then in SMBprefs go to themes a select it.
  6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I find the easiest way to change the wallpaper is to just set the wallpaper in Photos, go to Summerboard and sitch Theme Wallpaper to Off, but Wallpaper to ON.
  7. jmccnz

jmccnz New Member

He said he doesn't want themes etc. This means he doesn't want or doesn't have summerboard. Why has everyone told him to ftp and do stuff to summerboard?

What you need to do is find the wallpaper you want on your computer, then put it in a folder called iPod wallpaper (or whatever else you want to call it). Then go into iTunes and connect your iPod. When the iPod window comes up, go to the photos tab and choose to sync the folder you created before, then sync your iPod.

Now that picture will come up in your photos application, find it and press the edit button (I think it is the bottom left one) and there will be an option to set as wallpaper. After you set it, just lock your iPod and there it will be.
  8. PianoManKD

PianoManKD New Member

OK very cool, thanks

But I want to just have a wallpaper on the main menu board (where the icons are).....But i dont want a theme. I want to keep the standard icons, just have a nice background.....HELP!
  9. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

did you jailbreak your ipod? and isntalled summerboard?

assuming that you did, just put your own wallpaper.png (or was it background.png) and replace it w/ the one in any theme, then in summerboard setting, turn off theme icons and dock
  10. PianoManKD

PianoManKD New Member

How do I add my png?