ALL Frimware for iPod touch JAILBREAK

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Mr_iPod, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Mr_iPod

Mr_iPod Member

OK, i have been looking on the forum and there is not one thread with an updated guide \ correct guide on how to jailbreak. So i thought i might make one and post it.

NOTES: If the [PIRACY.rs] link does not work for some reason PM me and i will reupload.
    READ ALL OF THE GUIDE PLEASE. Don't PM me saying theres no download link to firmware, or theres no download link to the 1.1.2 jailbreak. They are there.
    This should work with the iphone, but I don't have one so i would not know.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
    I: Downgrade 1.1.2 -> 1.1.1
    II: Jailbreaking 1.1.1
    III: Updating to 1.1.2
    IV: Jailbreaking 1.1.2
    V: Jailbreaking and updating to 1.1.3

To download the firmware visit http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ . This site is where you can download the firmware you will need. Make sure you get the (restore) firmware files, as they work for both restoring and updating.
    Also there are multiple choices for the firmware, any one will do as long as they are the version you want. To tell what version of firmware you are downloading it will say iPod 1,1 (1.1.2 3B48b Restore) the 1.1.2 is the version number not 1,1.

EDIT: DO NOT USE ZIPHONE FOR 1.1.1 and 1.1.2
    IF you want the easy way out use Ziphone.
    Just restore your iPod to the version you want and then use Ziphone to jailbreak it.
    This method works with 1.1.3 and 1.1.4.
    Download it from www.downloadziphone.org The program is very easy to use, just restore to the firmware you want to jailbreak
    then click the iPod touch button, next to jailbreak.

**********************************************************************************************************************
    I

If you are on 1.1.1 please skip these steps, if you are on 1.1.2 you will need to downgrade, follow the steps
    below to downgrade:

1. Download the 1.1.1 firmware file.

2. Connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes.

3. Click your iPod in the side column and shift click restore then select the firmware file.

4. Wait for your iPod to restore.

5. You are now ready to jailbreak 1.1.1.

**********************************************************************************************************************
    II

Jailbreaking 1.1.1

1. In safari on your iPod navigate to http:\\jailbreakme.com and click install AppTapp Installer.

2. Once you tap the button, safari will crash and a download status will appear. Let your iPod go through the install.

3. Once your iPod has installed the AppTapp Installer go into the new app on your SpringBoard called Installer

4. Click the All Packages button and find OktoPrep. Install it. If it is not there install community soucres.

5. You are now ready to update.

III

Updating to 1.1.2.

Seeing as 1.1.3\1.1.4 is out you will have to download the 1.1.2 firmware file manually, don't let iTunes do it, otherwise it will upgrade you to 1.1.3\1.1.4 and you will have to start over again.

1. Download the 1.1.2 firmware file and go into iTunes and shift click the Update button. Find and select the 1.1.2
    firmware.

2. Let your iPod update.

3. You are now ready to jailbreak 1.1.2

IV

Jailbreaking 1.1.2

1. Download the 1.1.2 jailbreak. (http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/99897950/1.1.2_jailbreak.rar.html)

2. Extract the files onto your desktop, into a folder called jailbreak.

3. Make sure your iPod is connected to your computer but it is ejected in iTunes.

4. Do Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then go into task manager. Click the tab labeled Processes. End anything to do with apple
    and iTunes.

5. In the jailbreak folder you made there should be a file called windows.bat. Open that up. If it does not work
    then open jailbreak.jar. JAVA MUST BE INSTALLED!

6. When the window pops up check the box Install SSH. Then click the Jailbreak! button.

7. Let it jailbreak your iPod.

8. Your iPod has been jailbroken, if you want to you may upgrade to and jailbreak 1.1.3 by following the steps below.
    V

Updating and jailbreaking 1.1.3

1. To jailbreak 1.1.3 add http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml to installer sources.

2. Look for the 1.1.2>.1.1.3 jailbreak. Install it.

3. It might take a while to install because it is downloading the ipod touch 1.1.3 firmware file, then it will jailbreak it.

To Jailbreak 1.1.4 read instructions at the top of the page.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nice guide! I'm sticking with 1.1.1, but I'm sure this will help many. +Rep
  3. vesperance

vesperance New Member

im goin back to 1.1.1!!!!!!!!
  4. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

ZiPhone only work on 1.1.3/4

Otherwise, nice guide

EDIT: It should be www.downloadziphone.org
  5. Mr_iPod

Mr_iPod Member

Thanks for that ill change the link but when i tried to jailbreak my 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 using ZiPhone it worked for me... i must be specail xD well i will change it.
  6. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

ok, thx for changes, will save us all from confusion
  7. Pheonix333

Pheonix333 New Member

great guide will upgrade my 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 soon thanx man.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. thermalpenguin

thermalpenguin New Member

THANKS FOR THIS POST!!

i have a 1.1.1 ipod i am trying to soft upgrade all the way to 1.1.3 this is EXACTLY what i needed!