All default apps gone...cannot play any music or videos.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Aciid dA3m0n, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Aciid dA3m0n

Aciid dA3m0n New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OK, so, I'm on a 3g ipod touch running jail broken 3.1.2 firmware.
    I have no access to wifi and have had a lot of trouble getting as far as installing cydia and sbsettings.
    So last night i was trying to delete a game from cydia that i never played ( i haven't had a chance to get cydelete from cyder yet cos cyder freezes whenever i start it or add a source)so i queued the delete, deleted and let cydia do the rest, after the respring, the app was still there.
    i tried deleting it a few more times, but still no success, so i deleted the app through iphone browser, no problem, ive done it before.
    but, i reboot, run blackra1n etc, unlock ipod, and every default app except for youtube, stocks, weather, winterboard, and blackra1n.
    all my games are still there, but all the default apps are gone.
    i searched for some of my music and tried to play it but it just comes up with an error about the url not being loaded, same with videos.
    Also, because i have limited internet usage i cant download the 3.1.2 ipsw to do a system restore for a week because i havent got any usage left which means my download speed goes down to 5kb/s.
    if anyone could upload the files for the default apps so i can ssh them back into my ipod with iphone browser or any other way of getting them back.
    also i checked the backups of deleted files in iphone browser and none of the deleted files have anything to do with the apps except the one i deleted.
  2. junya8971

junya8971 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried to buy a free app at the app store and see what happens? Sometime this will work and all your default apps will show again. Other than that I guess you will have to wait till you get your internet connection to restore to 3.1.2.
  3. Aciid dA3m0n

Aciid dA3m0n New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no, the actual files for the apps have somehow been deleted.
    but i might try that anyway, better than waiting.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

If downloading the free app does not work, then a system restore may be your only option. It's better waiting a week than having an iPod that can't even play music. This may be a long week for you though. Also, you won't be able to get the files needed since it is illegal to distribute those files.
  5. Aciid dA3m0n

Aciid dA3m0n New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the free app thing doesnt work...
    anything else i can do without restoring?