iOS 4.0 All Calendar Events Lost with iOS 4?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iEatApplesLikeYou, Jun 29, 2010.

1. iEatApplesLikeYou

iEatApplesLikeYou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Since I upgraded to iOS 4.0, none of my calendar events show up. I didn't check it before I did a jailbreak, so I don't know if they didn't show before either, but even if I browse into the folders with iphonebrowser and drop in the calendar file I backed up before upgrading the firmware, it shows nothing. I can add new events, but can't get anything else back. Anyone else have/heard of this issue?
  2. Nope, but i use google sync for my calanders
  3. iEatApplesLikeYou

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, I think I will use that. I downgraded back to 3.0 and now my backup calendar file works. Sorry if this is a basic question, but I haven't used google sync before- how can I backup my calendar from my ipod to google now, so that I can sync it back to my ipod after I go back to 4.0?
  4. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmm, maybe try upgrading to 4.0 again. I did a DFU restore to 4.0 and then restored from my backup from earlier that day and I still have all my calendar events.
  5. iEatApplesLikeYou

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If I have no other option I will do that, but restoring everything and then upgrading back to 4.0 might be time consuming, so if there is some way to just sync my calendar from my ipod to google instead of the other way around, I could do that quickly and then it would be fast to upgrade back to 4.0. But from what I've seen it seems as if you just sync google calendar to your ipod and not from your ipod to google?
  6. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well I don't know about going directly to Google, but I do that in an indirect sort of way. I have my iPod calendar sync with Microsoft Outlook on my computer and then I have Outlook sync with my Google Calendar once a day. I suppose my events may have actually disappeared and then just been resynced before I knew they were gone.
  7. iEatApplesLikeYou

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried it through Outlook just to get it onto Google in the first place, and now I've got my calendar back on 4.0. Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. 2Microchip

2Microchip Guest

ipod touch calendar

updated software to 4.1 on IPOD touch. All calendar appointments were lost. New software erased previous version and all backed up data. Went to apple store, rec to reboot and restore again. Dates from June 2010 though present still erased. Went online to search for retrieval software. Nothing to support IPOD touch. Read statements from cyber colleagues, not sure if can erase 4.1 and load older version to retrieve "needed" appointment calendar. Any ideas............thanks 2Microchip