All around WiFi?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ishon, Apr 6, 2008.

1. ishon

ishon New Member

I have wifi at home and its much more convinient using my ipod touch to browse and check my e-mail. is there any kind of Wireless service provider i can use anywhere i'm at?
  2. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Not on an ipod touch. On the iphone, there is a service called EDGE (from memory) and that gives you broadband wherever you are (as long as you can communicate with a cell tower). There is another one for mobiles called 3G network. They all cost money, but are unavailable for the ipod touch, unless someone makes a 3rd party device to plug the ipod into, but i dont know if thats even possible (but it would be cool).

EDIT: If you have a laptop you can get a wireless broadband aerial for it, or some phones work as a modem as well, you can get wireless broadband away form home, but again, it costs money, and you would have to conect the ipod to the laptop with wifi or something, thats all there is for the ipod at the moment, unless there is something i dont know about.
  3. jord

jord New Member

Or move to a big city and live downtown, wifi will be everywhere
  4. THaToNeGuY

THaToNeGuY New Member

yeah..

i just want an app when you lose signal with your current access point it automatically connects to another stronger one seamlessly
  5. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that would be nice but there are so many protected wifi........ There is a we cracker for the Psp I think but I don't know what it is called isnt the iPod stronger (wifi strength and processor)
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

if you have a phone that can use edge and wifi, then theres a program for it that lets you use it as a mobile router - you can connect your touch to the phone and the phone connects to edge, basically giving your touch edge.

keep the phone in your pocket or jacket and its like an iphone!
  7. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

In Tokyo I heard they have WiFi towers..
  8. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Now that's cool!!
  9. padsquad43

padsquad43 New Member

they[big companies] have been testing city-wide wifi, basically putting wifi routers on top of poles so where ever you go in the city, its always with you. its a good idea, but if it happens it will take a while to go nation wide.
  10. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Where i live (the Chicago area) in a town called Naperville they have city-wide WiFi.