all apps open then close immediatey

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by PCKid, Oct 30, 2007.

1. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Can't get any apps to open. They install ok then appear on the desktop of the touch bt when I touch them they open then close immediately. So far Text Editor, Sketcher and to do list. Anyone else had this problem?
  2. midiman6

midiman6 New Member

its gotta be a permissions problem. You really should search the forum but make sure the application's folder and files inside of it have 755 permissions.
  3. PCKid

PCKid New Member

In the end I stopped using jailbreakme, restored my touch and used ijailbreak. Just as easy and everything worked first time and I could then fstp into my touch as well. All going fine including Calendar fix. I would suggest anyone having the problems I had avoid jailbreakme and use ijailbreak instead. It was actually just as easy IMHO. Plus it can install all the iPhone apps at the same time. Bonus..
  4. koolred

koolred New Member

Hello

Hello All I am new here but not new to Macs. While I am not new to macs I do hope to gain a lot of knowledge from this site and thoes who are members here.

Thank you for having me.

KoolRed
  5. koolred

koolred New Member

Uninstalling Jailbreak

How do you uninstall Jailbreak and reinstall a reputable program that will allow me to install useful programs that I can use

Thanks,

KoolRed
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, here's the thing - if you want to uninstall jailbreak, you just need to go into iTunes, connect your iPod Touch, and hit Restore and you'll go back to factory settings.

HOWEVER, there is currently no other way to install ANY programs on the iPod Touch WITHOUT jailbreaking. There's no "reputable program" besides the jailbreaks - go to the Jailbreak forum on these boards for directions or go to http://www.youtube.com/ipodtouchmaster for simple instructions on jailbreaking.