All App Icons Gone

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by GrooveMachine, Jan 6, 2008.

1. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, recently I finished restoring my iPod to what it used to be, and didn't like the size of my springboard. So, I downloaded Categories 1.51, and organized everything. Once I was finished, I quit Categories and launched Customize to make it show only the categories I made. Upon launching Customize, I noticed that it was broken. So, I uninstalled it, then quit Installer to respring. Then, once it resprung, literally all of my apps were gone, and I had a stock dock with only 3 icons (no iTunes Store). I don't have the app Dock, so I can't use that to reinstall Customize. Is there any .plist I can edit or thing I can do to get my stuff back? I ssh-ed my iPod and all of the files are still there, it's just a matter of getting them to show up.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not sure, but I think I heard that you can use iOrder to get them back.
  3. thebacon

thebacon New Member

im having the exact same problem, none of my apps are visibile, i can only see music, videos, and photo
  4. Insanelygreat01

Insanelygreat01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    um I've never had this problem but one thing you might wanna try is resetting your iPod (hold home and sleep/wake button for 6 seconds. If that doesn't work...try restoring and rejailbreaking?
  5. thebacon

thebacon New Member

is there anyway to use iorder through the usb like total commander? my ssh may be off...
  6. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, I have a solution. My friend sent me the files the app "Dock", which I used as a launcher to open installer (I manually installed the files using ssh). Reinstalled customize, unhid icons, works fine now.
  7. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I can't believe this... I just had the SAME EXACT problem. I tried manually deleting the application in SFTP, but that didn't solve the problem. Tried different resets (aside from restore), and that didn't fix it. I'll try to get my hands on the Dock file for SFTP or SSH.

UPDATE: I cannot find a download for the Dock application. Can you please send me the file and tell me how to put it on my iPod with SFTP?

Thanks,
    Lenz

UPDATE: Okay, installed iBrickr, got iLauncher and installerpack (which are supposed to be used as dock apps) but nothing. I also tried installing the Dock app, but it doesn't appear in iBrickr when I install it. What else can go wrong?

FINAL UPDATE: YES! I FIXED IT! Here's how I did it:
    NOTE: The installing, deleting, and adding stuff (steps 1-5) were done on computer, not iPod!

1. I installed a bunch of software, but that stuff was probably unnecessary, as it did nothing to my iPod.
    2. Deleted Organizer. Duh! (Actually this was first)
    3. Downloaded iOrder (you rock Danls92)
    4. Added 2 random icons to the order.
    5. Saved settings to iPod.
    6. Rebooted iPod.
    7. Shazam! All my icons are back!

Okay, so if anyone needs more in-depth instructions or problems, shoot me a PM or post here.