All about good timing

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by iFanaddic, Aug 10, 2008.

1. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

I want to buy a mac very soon, but with apple it's all about the good timing.. I would like to know if I have the right timing to buy one..

Hardware wise I heard that apple would most likely introduce a new macbook in october? Should I take that information into consideration? Firmware wise we know
    that snow leopard will come out within the the next year, my question is: will it be the kind of upgrade that is free? Or will I buy a macbook with leopard and have to pay 200$ to uptimize it to snow leopard 5 months later?
  2. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple doesn't use Firmware on their Operating Systems, at least, I don't think they do.. They just update the Operating System.. Snow Leopard should be a free upgrade for existing Leopard users to my knowledge.

They may introduce a new Mac Book in October.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's all speculation my friend, you just have to wait till the time is right.
  3. msudude1885@aim.com

msudude1885@aim.com New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would not buy a macbook right now. I don't think snow leopard will be free but it won't be as much as a whole operating system because it is just adding on to leopard.
  4. Apple is a company.

Companies are there to monotize.

Companies have given up on a product when they give it away for free.

Companies give freebies with a product if they need to rid of it.

Apple is giving away the current line-up of iPods with the current line-up of MacBooks.

Apple is giving away an item they don't want for free to make another item they don't want look good.

Double wammie!