Alittle help required urgently!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by CBTOUCH, Oct 27, 2009.

1. CBTOUCH

CBTOUCH New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've recently bought my ipt3g 8gb and i've been looking through afew of the members themes on here. I came across the 'mobilepod springnav' which i want on mine.
    I'm a COMPLETE noob to adding themes and SSH ( SO PLEASE BE NICE

Please Register or Log in to view images

), I read through afew tutorials on here AND on other site. Anyway i've downloaded all of the software needed for my computer and the apps needed from cydia. The 'mobilepod' theme that i downloaded came with instructions but i'm kind stuck on one of the steps and need some help.

I've copied all of the webclips from the download to my ipods webclip folder and all of the apps are in the correct places.

Now i've got to copy the shortcut files to the ipods application folder. In the instructions it says to start with shortcut_0 to shortcut_8 and all of the shortcut00_1 to 8. Now the list of shortcuts i downloaded start with shortcut00_1 then shortcut00_2....and so on. Is there supposed to be 8 files named shortcut_1, shortcut_2.... and so on??

I copied the shortcut00_1 to 8 over to the ipod and resprung but the only icon that comes up is a 'notes' one on page 1, underneath the main notes icon (nothing else???) and then if i try coping over another shortcut it just replaces the note icon?????? They are also coming up as icons instead of just text??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Right, had another go and managed to get alittle further. REALLY startin to hack me of now!

I've managed to get all of the app shortcuts in the correct orderso then it should have just been a case of copying the downloaded theme to the ipods theme folder.

I did that and then went into winterboard and activated 'mobilepod theme', 'liveclock' & 'weatherIcon', but it looks nothing like the mobilepd theme????? I've got the correct blue battery lockscreen, and i've got the correct background for each springjump, but the icons are still little boxes (numbered 1 to 8)??? instead of text and the main center app is also a small box??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Right, this is the final problem, everything else seems fine:

There ar boxes around the text (which shouldnt be there) and its blocking the text at the top AND te bottom center weather icon isnt right (also has a box around it). This is how they were from the 'shortcuts' file, from the downloaded theme file.

2. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just did a semi-install of this theme and am not getting the boxes that are shown in your screenshot.

When you installed SpringJumps, it did two things: created 8 little mini-apps labelled _shortcut_0 through _shortcut_8 (in /Applications...that you do nothing with) and then it also put icons for them on your springboard. In the tutorial, you were suppose to turn those initial 8 OFF so you don't see them at all on your springboard. Did you do that?

Attached Files: