Alit Theme Icons?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by SomeoneElse, Dec 20, 2009.

1. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I installed the "Alit" theme on my jailbroken 1g iPod Touch. It has an awesome springboard and the icon style is very nice.

However, only some of the springboard icons show up in the Alit style - most of them are the default rounded square. But when I browse the App Store, EVERY icon is displayed correctly in the Alit style, even the ones that are displayed incorrectly on my home screen. So it's not like the graphics don't exist, they just don't show up on my iPod, and I want them to all show up.

But then I removed the Alit theme, and a few of the stylish icons from the Alit theme remained on my springboard. I tried a lot of stuff to get them to return to the default style, but they still seem to be like that.

If anyone can help, thanks, and sorry about my last thread that got deleted.
  2. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Uncheck and reorganize everything in Winterboard, then only select the Alit theme to see if the problem perists.
  3. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nothing was affected.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any other ideas?
  4. gamebuster24

gamebuster24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i found the solution. simply remove all your icons and resync them in! long process but it works. i found this out when i downloaded a new app and that app became thhemed~
  5. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    NO! I am tired of people telling others to delete and resync when they have this problem! Stop making them do sh*t! Making someone restore, or delete all their apps, is not funny, and is actually a bannable offense on this site. Stop with the sh*t!!!

@OT: The solution for this problem is very simple, but you need a jailbroken iPod. You have to delete the icon caches through SSH or iFile. Browse to /var/mobile/Library/Caches/ and delete the following folders...

SpringBoardIconCache
    SpringBoardIconCache-small
  6. Relyt03

Relyt03 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have this same problem, the themed icons staying even when I turn off and unistall Alit. If I delete the caches will that delete all the app data, like saved games and such?
  7. Amelia_

Amelia_ Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I just tried what SilentWalker said and it worked. I can confirm it will NOT delete your apps.
  8. Relyt03

Relyt03 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, thank you very much applepod124!
  9. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah use SilentWalker's guide whenever you have a problem with icon themes- I use Alit as well, and had the same problem at first. Deleted the icon caches and it fixed everything, the cache is rebuilt so you're not removing anything important.
  10. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch