Alias 2 help

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by pwnthe2G, Apr 1, 2010.

1. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have had the Alias 2 from Verizon for maybe six months now, and i have not liked the battery life from the start. I saw a way online to turn off the EV-DO (which is 3g), which saves battery life. This would work for me, except I've heard it can mess up the phone and make it slow. I'm not sure how it can make it slow or glitch, but i was wondering if anyone here had turned it off without problems. I don't want to break this thing because i don't have the money for a new one, and my parents wont pay for it, but i can't stand it dieing all the time, so any other little tricks to save battery life are appreciated.

thanks guys
  2. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I had the Alias 1 (Actually it was call SCH-740 if I remember correctly, I got it before the name change) I didn't have problems with battery life on that one, but I'm assuming that keyboard on the Alias 2 is a big battery hog. Turn down the brightness on the screen and keyboard (if you haven't already) don't flip open the phone more than you need to (thats what killed my battery, I was always playing with it haha)

You could also get a portable charger for it (I've seen them at Home Depot)
  3. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Haha thanks I knew there was a U in it but I thought it was next to the SCH part and when I did that it looked funny. What a catchy name for a phone.
  5. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch