Album pictures?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by therock003, Oct 24, 2008.

1. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would like to adress a couple of question conserning the album pictures function.

A)Y is it that some times that i select a picture for an album it doesnt appear?Is it size related?Are there any size restrictions?

B)Is there any way to add picture without altering the metadata of the original file?I dont want to mess with the id3 tags of the original files.I only want o have picture per tracks included on my ipod only.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. They should be appearing regardless. Are you setting the album art on the songs in your iTunes library or your iPod library? Plug in your iPod touch, select the Music tab, and add album art to songs from there.

2. ID3 tags store information about the particular song you're trying to add album art to - so the ID3 tags must be edited when you add album art.
  3. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A)Ok i found out what wss happening.These were files connected to a newtork drive with read only attributes.So when i inserter artwork and pressed ok,the id3 tag could not be modified so i ended up with no pictures!

B)I know that for this purpose the id3 tag needs to be altered.But if i do that on tracks already on my ipod will that affect the original files as well,or will it only alter the metadata of the tracks already in ipods memory?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It will only affect the tracks that are stored in the iPod's memory.
  5. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok itried either way and now some of my prexisting albums with pictures got messed up.

Now it seems that albums that previously had a picture now appear completely blacked out, while newer ones appear with pictures.

What kind of bug is that?