Album Cover Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Richard_P_Harvey, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Richard_P_Harvey

Richard_P_Harvey New Member

Merry Christmas Everyone - Got my Touch for Christmas as expected and so far it's worked great (not yet JB). I had iTunes all ready to go with 140 albums with correct cover art and all for weeks now waiting for Christmas day.

Well did my first sync and all the music is on the touch just fine but I have some weird issues with cover art going on. Remember ALL cover art looks perfect in iTunes. Now on the Touch in the list view about 90% of the covers show just fine the rest are missing. In the cover flow view only about 50% show and the rest are missing. Worse yet on the ones that do show up, if I flip a cover over to read the songs and then flip back the art is gone and the only way to get it back is to flick left or right and it instantly returns. Also from the cover flow on an album where the art shows if I start a tune and then rotate the Touch out of cover flow the art will NEVER show up.

I'm thinking there must be some rules about cover art that I'm not following, any thoughts....
  2. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had a problem like this before. I narrowed it down to the size of the coverart.

iTunes store couldnt find the correct coverart for an album i had, so i went to google and found a huge album cover to import. It was like >1MB
    One view looked fine on the Touch, than i'd turn it sideways and it would disappear until i flicked through the covers and then back.

I fixed it by resizing the coverart to a smaller size.