Album cover flow > Artist flow in 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by dnmch, Jul 16, 2009.

1. dnmch

dnmch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Omg, what had happened to the update being made by the OS 3.0..

I hate the Artist flow when i tilted my ipod horizontally.. It is way too messy for an album to appear X numbers of time in it.. Disgusting..

Anyone have any idea to revert it back to our cool and original album cover flow?
  2. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    It's always been listed by artist. Always.
  3. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Erm, what's actually changed? Mine looks exactly the same as it did in 2.x. It goes in order of Album by Artist.
  4. dnmch

dnmch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Finally understood it, here's the changes made in the album cover flow in 3.0:

- Album cover flow is separated by Album and it is sorted by Album Artist(Artist will be used if Album Artist is not tagged)
    - Regardless of what the artist it is, an album will only appear once (ipod will cleverly use the 1st song's artist to represents the album to sort)

- Album cover flow is separated by Album and is sorted by Album Artist(Artist will be used if Album Artist is not tagged)
    - If ur album is made up of different artist, the album will appear under every artist ( if album artist is not tagged with "various artist" )

So the problem here persists when i have an album that made up of various artist and it's not tagged with "various artist", they'll appear in all over my album cover flow under each individual artist's name.

Conclusion, Album Artist is a must to tagged for album made up of various artist under 3.0

Let's just say 3.0 is being more lenient or less intelligent.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry if it is confusing, am not sure how to describe it.
  5. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same thing happenned wit me. Thanx u solved my problem