Album Cover Art

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pwnah, Oct 6, 2009.

1. pwnah

pwnah New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I dont have much album art, because lets face it i just got my songs from limewire etc, but my ipod felt a bit empty while browsing through my songs..

so i downloaded this programme called "Album cover art downloader" , and well it downloaded around 60 album artworks out of about 500 songs and im guessing this is because the songs have an incorrect name or something, but anyways about half of the artworks have this picture and its really messed up.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

WOOPS FORGOT TO ROTATE

but as u can see most of my album artworks have this random picture.. :S

and now when i play songs it skips some songs, like songs wont even play because it just skips them.... ??!!?!??!

any ideas?

and also some tips how to get all my songs with artworks because half of them cant find any.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Buy them in iTunes?
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The name/author/album have to be correct or it won't work correctly. You can just right click in iTunes and get the album artwork. Only about 40 songs in my library are missing artwork. Two of those are those annoying ass mosquito ringtones and another is Pink Noise.
  4. pwnah

pwnah New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok thanks but still does anyone know why my songs are skipping?
  5. Al_Rivers

Al_Rivers New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Some Ideas

Try using iTunes 9.0.1.8.
    Release Note from Apple is mentioning that includes a fix to a skipping songs problem.
    Regarding Cover Art, I am guessing you've gotten 2 "bad images" for each of the songs-albums showing that problem.
    I have had the same "lack of Album Cover Art" even though I have ripped the songs from my CDs. That is common when CDs were produced by the local Record Companies in this or that Country.
    What I have done is searching www.amazon.com for the Record or Album or Artist or Song, then select the Covert Art appeals me the most, and do the Internet Browser "Save image as" in the HD.
    Once I have it, using iTunes, accessing Information for each song, I am adding the image
    It has taken some time. Little by little you will have it the way you want it.
    The good part of this is that doesn't matter if the name of the Artist, The Album, The year, the track number, etc. are right or wrong. You will have the Cover Art you chose