Album cover art - v. random problem!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mike24682, Dec 31, 2007.

1. mike24682

mike24682 New Member

Have searched the boards and discovered that some users had problems synching their cover art to their touch i.e. no problems were reported yet 5 out of 30 albums showed no cover art on the touch even though it was fully working and fitting in Itunes.

My problem however is not that the cover picture files are too big (over 1 MB or whatever). I cant think of any reason why it accepts some covers and not others. It's a bit annoying

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Ne ideas??
  2. jd-08

jd-08 New Member

Yep - I had the same problem.... Took me a bit to fiure out WHAT the heck was going on!! OK.....

If you use cover art on your songs (rather than use downlaoded iTune coverart from iTunes downloaded music) - read on.....

Open iTunes....

Select you MUSIC library...

Sort by ALBUM.....

select the FIRST song in the ALBUM list (which will include the songs with the missing art). Yep - select the WHOLE ABUM, every song - by selecting the FIRST SONG - and holding the SHIFT KEY - the LAST SONG... Now - they'll all be highlighted....

Next - select GET INFO (ignore the warning dialog) - and CHECK the ALBUM ART check box (it resets all the album art for EACH song in the album. Typically (but not ALWAYS!) the first song, if it has the album artwork - will propogate to the other songs when you hit the OK button....

IF THEY DON'T!

Select all the songs again - GET INFO - and DRAG the Album Artwork into the GET INFO/ARTWORK box. The check mark will automatically go on - and it will reset all the artwork for the selected songs...

Give it a try, OK???
  3. maks327

maks327 New Member

This happened to me yesterday after iTunes locked up during a sync. Had to cancel the sync (on the touch) and restart itunes. Then noticed about 10 or 15 semi-random album cover disappearences. Sometimes there'd be a few from the same artist, but they were generally pretty random.

I fixed it by going to each of those albums in iTunes, right click, "clear downloaded artwork," then redownload the artwork. Whenever you next sync your touch it should work (or atleast it did for me). Good luck.

EDIT: jd-08 submitted while I was typing mine up, try his solution first if its multiple songs from the same album or if you're manually inserting album art. Really if you make any changes (sometimes I would just add a space to the comments section in "get info" and it would make the album art resync.
  4. mike24682

mike24682 New Member

thanks so much for your help. will give that a go once my laptop re-charges and will let you know how it goes.

thanks again!