album artwork when locked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jaaack, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jaaack

jaaack New Member

Hey so i recently just upgraded my ipod touch 2g from 3.0.2 to 4.1 firmware and I have noticed a slight difference.

Before on my 3.0 ipod touch, when I was playing music and i locked the ipod, and then pressed the middle button to show the 'slide to unlock' screen. The album artwork showed on the unlock screen and when you double clicked the home button, you could also see what song was playing.

However after the upgrade, I can't see the album artwork anymore and when i double click the song name does not show.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? and if so, how i get it back to before without downgrading? Also my 4.1 firmware isnt jailbroken but my 3.0 one was so I was wondering if that was the cause? Also if this feature is just not on the new firmware then please tell me

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hm, that's weird. I still have this feature on iOS 4.1. Are you sure you're playing music?

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jaaack

jaaack New Member

yeah i just tried it again
    and it still showed no album cover
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, does that particular song have album artwork?
  5. carlosmozas

carlosmozas New Member

Mine shows fine; ┬┐Have you checked with iTunes the id3tag of the music?; Maybe something screwed up you info.
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same problem!
    All albums have artwork and when I lock the iPod touch and click the home button, just no artwork shows ( I can't see which song I'm playing either.) It's the wallpaper instead.
    Can sb help? Thanks.
  7. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    hmm? could you(s) possibly restore?
  8. jordor07

jordor07 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    bump fail.
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

That was happening with mine too. I restarted it (pressed down the lock button and turned it off). it went away after that. My itouch was also messing up the artwork. Like one song's artwork was being used for another song. It showed up fine on itunes, but on the ipod it was messed up. restarting it fixed it though. its apparently a bug in the new version...
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

that is exactly what was happenin with mine but the artwork isnt messing up but still wont show up on the lock screen and either does the name of the song!!!! It is really frustrating me.