album artwork messed up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bimple, Dec 15, 2008.

1. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The artwork on my iPod touch (1G, 8GB - 2.2 firmware - jailbroken) is messed up. Here is what I have done so far:

I ripped the songs myself and upped them to my ipod manually, I highlighted all of the songs for that CD and right clicked and chose "get info." Then I found artwork on the internet for that CD and I dragged and dropped it in to the artwork widnow and made usre that the box was checked and I hit OK and it seemed to sync. I rebooted and went to play the songs and they either came up with a black screen, or they showed the artwork for some videos that are on my iPod. Some of the albums show the correct artwork, but not all of them - most are just black screensm with no artwork. I checked in iTunes, when the iPod was plugged in, by choosing some of the songs that are having issues, and chose "get info" and all of the artwork is being displayed properly.

Is there a file I can delete, such as a thumbs.db file that will be re-generated by my ipod when I reboot?
  2. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try resyncing? A few people asked the same question and most were solved by resyncing
  3. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok thanks for the info - I hate syncing though. I dont like anything on the computer that is "automatic," especially in iTunes. That is why I always manually add my music and movies. I also have over 2 GB of apps on my iPod Touch, and am not interested in storing them on my hard drive as well - real estate on my hard drive is always scarce.
  4. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    then delete everything, drag and drop again
  5. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I did that - still the same problems. Is there some sort of thumbs.db file that I could delete that would be automagically regenerated by the device? The data is in the ID3 tags, but it is not being reported properly by the device.