Album Artwork Issue

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by trsblader, Jan 26, 2010.

1. trsblader

trsblader Member

From doing a general google search, I've found this has been a problem since atleast iTunes 7, and had a fix then, and then with 9 they took the fix away (by accident I assume).

Also, I've found people throw out solutions, but the OP never bothers to respond to the thread saying whether or not it worked.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm on a macbook with OS X, 3g touch, and the first version of iTunes 9. My issue is this. recently I moved my enormous library to an external hard drive, had some issues, and completely deleted everything from itunes and re-added it. Now I start playing my iPod, and notice LOTS of the album artwork is for the wrong album. I check itunes, and it's the CORRECT artwork. I sync, resync, research for the artwork, sync again....NOTHING. This is random from what I can tell as it doesn't affect all songs on an album. The only thing I've found is to delete the artwork and then manually readd it and sync. Not a big issue, until you do this for a few thousand songs - not to mention I first have to find all the wrong artwork by scrolling thru each song on my itunes and ipod at the same time.

So, in case you didn't feel like reading all that or it makes no sense, basically my iTunes album art and iPod album art don't always show the same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks
  2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

i have the same issue, if anyone could help i would be grateful

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    My theory (after having the same problems and reading everything I could on it).. is that the cache gets messed up after you sync too much/too often - as per my post here:- http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2016963&postcount=6

Since restoring, I'm fine again...with exactly the same amount of stuff that I had before... so that's why I think my theory might be correct...