Album Art

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Frost71, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Frost71

Frost71 New Member

Hi,

I've never owned an iPod before and I was wondering about the iTunes store. I see that a song is $.99 but I was wondering about album art. Does it cost anything? I have a bunch of songs off Limewire (shhh don't tell) but I don't have any art.

Thanks in advance.
  2. jeff_282

jeff_282 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    itunes songs include the art with the purchase, and if your tags are correct for the limewire songs itunes should be able to find the art for you, under advanced -> get album art! (thats free)
  3. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

you can add allbum art to anysong via itunes manually
  4. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

To do it manually if it doesnt, I normally go to amazon.com, find the album, enlarge the picture. Then in itunes, go to get info of the song, go to artwork, and drag the image there, works pretty well.

Itunes doesnt always find everything, but if you are getting it directly from itunes, it should have it.
  5. debug77

debug77 New Member

Is there a way of manually adding album art to more than one track at a time?

I guess - am I doing it right to begin with... the only way I seem to be able to add artwork manually is to start the track playing, then drag the image to the area. Then play the next track and do the same again.... Is there a quicker way?

Cheers...
  6. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

you can select multiple tracks and click get info then, then add artwork for all.
  7. Frost71

Frost71 New Member

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the answers.
  8. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

i found a reall quic way to add album art.

in the lower left corner of iTunes is 4 buttons. click the one that looks like a Square with a triangle pointing up. this raises the album art viewer. by default, the top of that subwindow says "now playing". click that part once and it switches to "selected item"

now, click the first song in the album, hold shift, click the last song in the album, let go of shift.

drag your descent sized artwork to that small white box that says "drag album artwork here"

this is much faster than doing it song by song and faster than doing it from the get info box.

hope that helps!
  9. Brockoli

Brockoli New Member

You don't even have to select all tracks in the album. If you click the little eye button in the lower right side of the screen, it puts you in browse mode. From here you can select the artist and album, not the individual song. Then drag the art to the box in the lower left. It will add it to all the tracks in that album without having to select them all.

Brockoli
  10. Kurokaze

Kurokaze New Member

the thing with drag and drop is that it doesn't embed it into the mp3/m4a.
    i used to drag and drop but when my itunes crashed most of my songs lost their album art. from now on i always paste it from get info.