Album Art Wierdness when sync'ng with iTouch

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by nutsnbolts, Jan 19, 2008.

1. nutsnbolts

nutsnbolts New Member

Ok, let me see if I can explain this freaking problem.

I used "manual" sync with my iTouch through iTunes. I don't use iTunes library and I avoid having to import things to the library and then sync'ng with my iTouch.

I simply take the mp3's in my MP3 folder and drag into iTunes directly into my iTouch. Works!

Well, after paying $20 and getting the upgrade, the only way you can get the application into your iTouch is by sync'ng. Considering that I have nothing in my library, the only way I can "sync" to attain the upgrade was to sync which would mean that the library would override what songs I already have in my iTouch. In other words, it would delete all my songs on my iTouch.

After giving up, I decided to sync (this deleted everything in my iTouch to imitate the "no songs" in my iTunes library).

Now that all the "new" applications are on, it's time to go back and "organize and import" my files again into iTouch. Well, I decied to try out the iTunes library so I began importing all the songs I would like. Drag and dropped into the iTunes libary, after I was happy, I decide to "sync" my songs. iTunes does it's thing syncs and when completed, I checked my itouch and two things went wrong.

1. Songs didn't have no album art..and/or
    2. Albums have a complete different album art.

Anyone had encountered this problem?

Every single song in my own library does have album art and the correct album art is shown in the iTunes library.

After racking my head, I went through the trouble deleting the incorrect or missing album art and sync'ng again. A couple hours later, this fix'd the problem, however, I now hate using the sync.

Can someone tell me or have an answer as to why it did that?
  2. vinitg

vinitg New Member

hi ,

i have the same problem . my songs have the album art in itunes, but the album art is not synced to ipod touch (1st Gen). this is happening after the 2.2 update.

regards,
    vinit
  3. touchin'isgood

touchin'isgood New Member

You don't need to sync songs with iTunes. You just check sync applications on applications tap and that is all your IPOD TOUCH will sync with iTunes. No iTunes music library override your IPOD TOUCH.