Album Art question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jinketsu, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Jinketsu

Jinketsu New Member

There is one thing I don't understand about the Album Art tagging, and the display of album art on the ipod touch. I'm new to the iPod scene, and own a 32GB 2nd generation iPod Touch. Haven't even owned it 24 hours as of yet.

I was having a problem (which only bothered me really because I'm a bit OCD when it comes to organizing) with my album art earlier. Whenever I was forced to input covert art manually (meaning iTunes couldn't find album art for it. Some local bands, some unreleased albums, etc), it would show the album art everywhere except when displaying the song that's currently playing. You'd see it when in coverflow (I think that's what it's called - the part where you turn the ipod sideways to flip through albums like a record collection) and in your album lists, but when you selected a song from that album, and it has the duration of the track at the top, the cover art taking up most of the screen, and your play/pause button at the bottom with the volume bar, it would just be a music note.

Now, I've read a few threads about album art problems on here, and found that someone's suggestion about Tag&Rename works rather well, albeit a long and enduring process just to get this album art stuff to work right.

But my question is... if iTunes links the picture to the songs, and it shows up everywhere else BUT the Now Playing display... why doesn't it display the cover art on the Now Playing display? It seems kinda weird to me.
  2. Jinketsu

Jinketsu New Member

Nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently Coverflow only checks the first track for album cover art, and uses that. Also, right-clicking an album and editing its info is only editing the first track's information. Not all tracks at once.

Man do I feel dumb. Hah.