Album Art Problem

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by SpasticPat, Feb 13, 2009.

1. SpasticPat

SpasticPat Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I just added a few albums to my iTunes as playlists. When I added them, there was a status bar at the top doing the converting and other stuff that iTunes does when you drag and drop your music into it. Anyways, when I went to 'Get Info', it doesn't show any album art, so I selected all the songs from that album (they're all labeled with the album name, e.g. The Wall). So I clicked 'Get Album Art'. It shows the status bar at the top going through each song to add art. Whenever it's done, I clicked on one of the tracks, and went to 'Get Info' again and it still doesn't show any album art, even though no error popped up stating that album art couldn't be found. So then I tried adding art manually by going to google and searching for the album art (Pink Floyd - The Wall). I found the pic, saved it to my computer and added it to a track under the Artwork tab. It doesn't show the artwork, when I click in the big white box, the picture I added (which is a .jpg at approx. 2.46kb) appears for a split second and then the box goes blank again. Does anyone have any suggestions for a way to resolve this or has anyone experienced this before? Thank you very much in advance for your help, I truly appreciate it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think there are millions af threads about album art problems. SEARCH
  3. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    is that even possible?

4. cheapfame

cheapfame New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ive been shafted by album art over the duration also
    its really frustrating.
    i've read many a guide yet still have blank album icons
    is there someone who could share this maybe cos its killer.
    do art files need to be specific dimensions do need to tie them up as compilation ? whhats the answer
  5. r0b3rt_213

r0b3rt_213 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i think its because on some files the id3 tags stay permanent and i dont think theres any other way to change it other than buy the music or download another copy from some other site
    but thats just what i think im not sure of this so dont quote me
  6. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure all the songs in the album have matching ID3 tags: select them all, Get Info, and check all fields like Artist, Album, Genre, even the blank ones, and add the saved album art picture.

This worked every time for me when letting iTunes find the artwork didn't.

Btw: Love your avatar

7. cheapfame

cheapfame New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    still no joy dude.
    i select the files in the album - get info - make sure album artist are the same and then add art then get album info and nothing,
  8. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Either the songs are named wrong or it isnt in the itunes database
  9. xr_troika

xr_troika New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sounds sad but all i did was find out usuing google what songs go with what albums etc and searched for the album cover from google images and copy and pasted into itunes album art thing worked a treat.
    dont go saying " oooo you have no life etc" it only took my 2 hours to do all the songs on my ipod over 600 so merrrrrr
  10. iamwill

iamwill New Member

is it possible that after jailbreaking the device, that some of the album artwork folders and/or photo folders are corrupt/missing? if so, then wouldn't that cause a problem for saving/loading album images?

on a sepparate note, i did find a nifty little program called Album Cover Art Downloader.... seems to be a pretty legit piece of software... just load your music collection, click the fetch button, and it will go and get all of the artwork for you, and write it to the id3 tags on that file.... then just upload back to your touch =).

Good luck