Album Art Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BigRizzo, Jan 1, 2009.

1. BigRizzo

BigRizzo New Member

[SOLVED] Album Art Problem

Hello,

I have searched the forums for an answer to my question but I haven't found anything that resemble closely to what I was looking for.

First I have made a video to show off my problem (only pictures) as I'm pretty bad to explains things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCbcE31Uy74
    To sum up, the albums arts seems to work when they are out of focus or moving, when they are in focus they just go blank. The same happen in traditional view and the "wake" screen when playing a song.

I have set up every album arts personally by the "Get Info..." function in itunes. When I'm playing a song in itunes everything comes out fine (The art show up in the left corner) but once in the ipod the arts become black and flashy not showing up in the play screen like in my video. I have use the manage music manually (as I have over 10,000 songs in my library) so syncing is absolutely not a good idea as I only have the 8gb.

I have an ipod touch second generation with firmware 2.2. Itunes 8.0.2 (free version). Everything goes fine with the ipod except for this and sometimes itunes try to erase all my ipod for no apparent reason. Personally it is my first and last apple product I will buy.

Thank you in advance for help.

READ

If anyone needs help to solve a similar problem, after the restore in itunes everything was working properly. Thank you everyone.
  2. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have never heard of this happening before.

The only thing that may help you is to restore your iPod on iTunes, and if this doesn't work, ring Apple up.
  3. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Odd problem. Make sure that the album art is tied to each of the songs. That is, right click each song it's not showing up on, and go to the artwork tab under Get Info and make sure it's there. If the artwork is only tied to one song in the album, it will show up in coverflow, but not for all the individual songs. If that doesn't seem to be the problem, try restoring your iPod.

Edit: The reason (probably) why iTunes is trying to erase your songs is to update the metatags. If you change something in Get Info, the whole song needs to be erased from the iPod and then copied over again.
  4. BigRizzo

BigRizzo New Member

I have already manually set up every album art for each song in itunes everything is fine in itunes just on the ipod. I guess I will need to restore. Thanks for help I will give result after.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I wonder if there's a quick way to back up my ipod on my hard drive so I don't loose all my songs on it (I have 3 computers and itunes is not working on my main one). I have enough place on my hard drive for the back up (180 gb with just a clean xp install as I downgraded form mandriva for itunes).