album art problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skitchbeatz, Sep 23, 2008.

1. skitchbeatz

skitchbeatz New Member

So I was looking through most of my album art is corrupted in some way on my 2G ipod touch. If its not black in the album art view its black in cover flow or during playback of my songs. I know on previous ipods there was an option to uncheck "display album art on ipod" and then recheck it to fix issues like this but I can't seem to find it in itunes. My music tab looks like this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Does anyone know of a fix for this? I don't sync my music. I manually manage it. iTunes would be even slower than it is now if I did that.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why don't you make a Playlist. Manage THAT Playlist and Sync ONLY that playlist. Its basically what I do. Cept I use Smart Playlists. Anything with rating 5. So if you delete the playlist, just re-make the smart playlist. All the Info is still there and you don't have to manually re-do the playlist.
  3. skitchbeatz

skitchbeatz New Member

I don't get how that will help my situation? maybe you can explain it better?
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You're showing the Area where you sync your music. I'd assume that you had a Playlist problem.

As for the Album Art, I've never had that problem. How many songs do you sync to your device?
  5. skitchbeatz

skitchbeatz New Member

I've got 3313 songs on my device and another 200 videos (mostly podcasts) and about 1000 photos on it. My podcasts are automatically synced and so are my photos but all of my music i drag on to my ipod manually. mainly because iTunes slows down when I add all of my music into its library (its horribly coded for vista). I will upload some screenshots of my problem when i get back to my camera for those who haven't encountered it
  6. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think thats why your device is having trouble showing all the Album art. You have way too much music on there. It has to take time to cache the Album art.

Maybe lay off on how much songs you put. I really bet that you're not listening to each and every of your 3k+ songs.

Start making Playlists.
  7. skitchbeatz

skitchbeatz New Member

that's disappointing to hear. My old 5G ipod was able to keep track of more songs, videos and photos. Shouldn't a device that's touted at being able to hold 5,000 songs actually be able to do that? I often listen to whole albums at a time and have no interest in just putting singles on my ipod.
  8. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Your old iPod 5G could keep track of the songs, sure. But did it have Coverflow? Did it have Internet? Did it have other things it had to do behind the scenes?

Still waiting on that Screen Shot of your iPod.
  9. skitchbeatz

skitchbeatz New Member

10. skitchbeatz

skitchbeatz New Member

Next is Jay-Z's album "Kingdom Come"

It appears when I'm browsing by album.. which is nice. 90% of my album art appears here.

But.. when I go to play a track from the album I get this:

The most important to me... it would be displayed in the highest resolution here.

Now look at when I check the track list:

The album art appears in the upper right hand corner.

This is the kind of stuff that has me scratching my head.

This is weird to me. its obviously loading the cover art.