Album art order.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jo3y, Oct 23, 2007.

1. jo3y

jo3y New Member

I'm probably being a complete tool here but my album art (in the cover art sideways view) always used to be sorted by album name.. for some reason it's now sorted by artist and I want to put it back but have no idea how...

I would have thought that you would turn the ipod upright, select how you wanted to view your albums then turn it back.... but obviously not. I can't see anyway of sorting them when the ipod is on it's side...

I must be missing something really stupid and simple, someone help me out please

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. IRaidedTheFridge

IRaidedTheFridge New Member

Unless I'm also missing something, I think that coverflow always goes in order of artist. You can't change it. I think.
  3. jo3y

jo3y New Member

Hmmm... I'm pretty much certain it was in album order as I'd orders a Y4K album and it was at the end of the cover art. Maybe I'm just getting confused but if you can't sort by album order it should be added really as the coverflow view is pretty much useless for me without it

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. mkummer

mkummer New Member

That is a little bit annoying from the start. All new iPods sorted Coverflow as artists only - the nano and the classic changed that finally with fw 1.0.2 - I am pretty sure it changes with the Touch in 1.1.x, too,since it makes more sense to sort the albums by album name. Best would be to let the user choose like in iTunes. I can live with the sorting - the flaw of the other iPods of splitting all albums with different artists into separate ones is not on the Touch (and 1.1.x certainly will break our loved jailbroken Touches....)

mk
  5. IanE78

IanE78 New Member

Lots & Lots of Miscellaneous Albums. Can I put them out of view??

Hey, long time browser, first time poster and all that!

I have a similar question/problem. I have a lot of albums (tracks) which I want to relegate to the end of my album collection. They are part of a language learning package, but each word is an album. I'm learning a bit of Spanish, Polish, and German, so I might have the word "dog" as the album name, and the spanish, polish, and german equivalents of "el perro", "pies", "der hund" as the tracks within the album.

The problem I have is when I'm scrolling through my album collection, either in cover flow, or in list view, it takes me about a century to find my desired album! And it all looks a bit messy.

Can anyone think how I might put all my language tracks towards the end of my album list?

(Thought of maybe prefixing the album names with "#" or "9" for instance, but that wouldn't be ideal. I'd have to do this in iTunes for each one manually as well?)

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers, Ian.