Album art not showing up!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by openexpression, Nov 16, 2007.

1. openexpression

openexpression New Member

I just uploaded some new songs and spent 3 damn hours getting all the album art and now it won't show up on my ipot...but it's all in Itunes...What do I do?

I also keep getting an error message for the 1.1.2 update...What's going on?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For the album art, try selecting all of the songs in an album (click on the top song, hold shift and click the last song), right clicking > get info, then on the bottom right hand corner where it says album art, check the box, double click the box, than navigate to the album art. It is a pain, but it was how I got mine to work.
  3. openexpression

openexpression New Member

No...the album art is there..it's not showing up on my iPod...it has that annoying grey music note...which is something I despise...the whole point of this interface is for it to be "pretty"...I didn't spend 3 hours making it "pretty" just to have it not work.

But Thanks anyway...
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, that's what I'm saying. For me it showed up in iTunes too, but not my iPod, that process was how I got my iPod to recognize it.
  5. emed795

emed795 New Member

Did you make sure that album art was applied to ALL the songs in the album? iTunes will still show album art for songs even if the song dose not really have album art embeded it in as long as one song in the album has album art. The iPod Touch however dose not do that and will show a music note for songs that don't have album art directly embeded into the file. Danls92's method ensures that iTunes will embed album art in all the selected files in the album.

As for 1.1.2 update can't halp much unless I know what the error message says.
  6. Kurokaze

Kurokaze New Member

you have to Ctrl+I or get info and paste it into the albut art box for it to be embedded. any other way just puts it into a database.
  7. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try deleting all songs and syncing again or selecting all songs in the itunes library and grab+drop (forgot the proper term

) into the ipod.

8. kupal

kupal New Member

also had the same problem before. what i did was i checked if per song had the artwork for the album which was appearing in itunes but not in my touch, some of em didn't so i tediously re-pasted all missing album artworks. now my touch is very charming