Album art errors.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Skyty, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Skyty

Skyty New Member

This problem has carried over from firmware 2.1. My album art is all messed up. I'll add album on one album but it will show up on two albums, or album are won't show at all. Weird random glitches like that. I also manually manage my music. Any ideas on how I can fix these problems so cover flow works properly?
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    what liek splits the album up?

i had that, if you select the album and edit the infomation when all the song are selected, it should fix it.

some time if you have an extra space or a capital letter and the opposite on another song, it kinda mixes up the album into 2 parts or w/e.
  3. Skyty

Skyty New Member

Well those are just a few examples I will sometimes get more errors.

Like I'll put album art on but it work show up or the album will be all black or this will happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovFVSUww4bY

I've restored my iPod at least 10 times but to no avail.
  4. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    mhm have you tried erasing all album art from you library, then re-syncing to you ipod, then get the album back via itunes then resync again?
  5. Skyty

Skyty New Member

Pretty much. I think I may have found a solution to this but I'm not 100% sure yet, I gotta do more testing.

Basically what I do it make a folder with all the songs and a picture of the album art in it and then I drag and drop the songs to my ipod. So far it seems to be working.
  6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    ah ok, hope that works for you, sorry i couldnt help more
  7. loaf-

loaf- New Member

I dont have 2.2 yet, but on my 2.1 it seems to be only on user-added art. iTunes doesnt seem to like items that arent Apple related.
  8. Skyty

Skyty New Member

Okay, I've 100% solved this problem. You need MP3Tag v2.42. You need to tag the art directly to all the music. This has so far solved it for me.
  9. nathanwj

nathanwj New Member

my album art just flat out displays the wrong album... kinda stupid if you ask me
    lol